Terre des hommes Foundation – Helping children worldwide (Tdh), is the leading Swiss foundation for children’s aid, with its headquarters in Lausanne, and registered in Iraq with the No 2178598. Tdh aims to create a positive impact on children's lives in almost 40 countries around the world, through our Health, Access to Justice, Migration and Child Protection transversal programmes.
Tdh started its operations in Iraq in Dec 2014 responding to needs of children and youth between the age group of 9-22 years, affected by the ISIL -driven crisis of 2014-2017. Due to high unmet needs for children, youth, and their families affected by the crisis, Tdh scaled up its interventions to 12 districts within 5 governorates (Anbar, Kirkuk, Ninewa, Baghdad & Salah al-Din), providing assistance in child protection, juvenile justice, education and WASH assistance in emergency.
In the long-term, through its Multi-year Country Strategy 2022 – 2024 and its long term Vision for the Country Programme, Tdh plans to reinforce and expand interventions due to the persistent overwhelming needs of children, youth and families through a NEXUS approach, responding to the protracted humanitarian needs while contributing to achieving durable solutions for the most vulnerable and at-risk population groups in the sectors of Child Protection, Education, WASH and Access to Justice for children, youth and women.
As of December 2021, Tdh with its 120 staff employees, is currently implementing a 7,5 Million CHF emergency, rehabilitation, and development program, across the country through its bases and offices in Baghdad, Ninewa, Salah al-Din and Kirkuk governorates working alongside and in collaboration with local partners and national authorities. The main donors are USG, UNOCHA, ECHO, SDC, GIZ, UNICEF. The main coordination office is in Erbil with a multi-cultural, very experienced, and highly motivated team providing support, technical expertise and ensuring accountability, while working closely with the collaborators in the Regional office in Amman, Jordan and the Head Quarters (HQ) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The Hygiene Promotion Monitor participates in hygiene promotion activies in relation to the Terre des hommes water, sanitation and hygiene programme. S/he is in charge of mobilising the community, organising hygiene awareness-raising sessions and promoting the proper use of sanitation and water infrastructure.
- Assist in the design and implementation of the hygiene promotion program and materials.
- Monitoring of CHVs and training them about promotional subject, covid awareness, public awaress.
- Promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities
and services specifically water supply, Latrines, and Hand washing facilities.
- Participate in gathering and compiling of project information (reports, assessments, surveys, data collection Kobo and monitoring & Evaluation).
- Prticipateing in desing poster, leaflet and othe IEC materals.
- Identify CHVs within the communities and conduct training, ensuring regular monitoring and follow up of progress.
- Manage and conduct home visiting to assess, inform and motivate families to improve hygiene promotion by delivering them HKs, recreational and ceaning and disinfection
- Identify key hygiene practices to be addressed and carry out appropriate activities to promote safe practices. These activities may include the following:
- Communication activities such as community meetings, information campaigns, day observations, use of educational materials etc.;
- Support in establishing Teachers/parents committees, water supply point committees, hygiene committees, children groups etc.
- Promote hygiene education through a variety of means, such as information sharing, dissemination, and communication materials.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the WASH sector and between sectors such as health & nutrition and food security.
- Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout different activities involving beneficiaries and develop tool kits and other materials accordingly
- Monitor safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Ensure proper record keeping of all activities and prepare monthly/quarterly activity report in time.
- Keep track of all use of resources and distributions, and provide timely reports as requested by the line manager
- Maintain the highest hygiene standards on the personal level, and promote best hygiene practices within the team
- Technical diploma/bachelor’s in public health, environmental, nursing, education, or similar.
- Professional experience of 2 years minimum in a field related to public health and hygiene promotion.
- Preferable, the candidate has received PHAST training and implemented it during work experience.
- Fluency in Arabic is essential. Spoken and written English is desirable
- Able to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent facilitation and presenation skills.
- Computer skills excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and power point.
- Working on applications like Kobo collect ,ODK ,etc.
- Ability to listen and adopt.
As well as the following specific « professional » competencies:
Application should contain the following two attachments: CV and Cover letter.
Application should be submitted to " email@example.com " with writing the exact subject (WASH HP Monitor (Female) - Sinjar&Baaj ). Otherwise CV not be accepted.
- Sending CV with Link will be disregarded.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates from the targeted area