Smithson is looking for a full-time Training Assistant in Erbil; the functions of this role will be primarily administrative, including curriculum preparation, report writing, and day-to-day operational support of Smithson's training department; this role is based in Erbil.
Smithson is a training and consulting firm that brings integrated solutions for growth through our customized approach and strategic knowledge of the regions in which we operate, serving Oil & Gas, Logistics, Retail and Humanitarian sectors with high industry standards.
- Coordinate project activities, resources, equipment and information
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Make sure that client's needs are met as projects evolve
- Help prepare budgets
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Manager to eliminate blockers
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of the agreement)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Ensure standards and requirements are met by conducting quality assurance tests
Learning and Development
- Assist in developing training programs aligned with business objectives, including the design and development of curriculum, materials, and assessment.
- Measuring the effectiveness of training programs by conducting evaluations with participants and managers after a course has been completed.
- Coordinating with other members of the organization’s training department to develop training programs.
- Creating resources to support learning objectives such as handouts, workbooks, PowerPoint, and presentations.
Requirements in order of importance:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in the field/office
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages is necessary, Kurdish language is a plus;
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is required, and knowledge in MS Project is a plus;
- Proficiency in content writing is a plus;
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Kindly mention the job title in the subject line.