Un Ponte Per is looking for an Iraqi Technical Manager Ecovillage in Dhi Qar, to manage the following major tasks:
- Coordinating the implementation of project activities in supervision by the Project Manager, field coordinator, and close co-operation with the key project staff, according to the workplan and in close co-operation with local partners, local authorities and local communities;
- Oversee the preparation of all technical documents for the construction works, including, but not limited to, BoQ’s, drawings, and site plans;
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of any documents required by the donor, before, during or after the planned works;
- Support any required procurement procedures for the works;
- Uphold regular communication with the ecovillage team of UPP and the local community;
- Support the local community in construction and operation of the ecovillage;
- Liaise with other stakeholders involved (local authorities, donor, etc.);
- Carry out regular site visits to supervise and monitor the implementation of the works;
- Promptly report to the Project Manager on any relevant changes occurring in the implementation of the rehabilitation and construction works;
- Facilitate site visits for the Project Manager, local authorities, donor and any other relevant stakeholders;
- Uphold the visibility guidelines of the project in the ecovillage;
- Facilitate the connection with other major project components including workshops;
- Ensure proper documentation of the construction works, including material tests, site handover papers, pictures, etc.
- Supervise the operations and maintenance of the ecovillage for the duration of the project;
- Keep track of relevant data for the project;
- Support the preparation of weekly or monthly progress reports in collaboration with the field coordinator, and Project Manager;
- Any other related task requested by the Project Manager.
The Technical Manager will coordinate the construction and operation of the following:
Building a traditional eco-village to be a center for traditional activities and a tourist center
- Follow the defined location, design of a traditional ecovillage in the Marshes in consultation with local communities, as per study.
- Agree on an MoU with the local community.
- Start constructing the traditional eco-village. local workers and youth will be employed for the construction, using traditional methods and materials. ecological standards, a system will be devised to recycle waste and use renewable energy to some degree. The eco-village design and location has been decided in the dedicated study, but preliminary discussions with local communities will further indicate the final design.
- Opening the traditional eco-village as logistic point for the area that can serve both tourists and local community.
- Setting plan and regulation for managing the eco village on the bases of respect Fair Trade criteria, including Transparency and Accountability, Payment of a Fair Price, Ensuring no Child Labor and Forced Labor, Commitment to Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Freedom of Association, Ensuring Good Working Conditions, Providing Capacity Building, Promoting Fair Trade, Respecting for the Environment.
- Operating the ecovillage, including production of traditional goods.
- Training and handover: project team will train local partners and concerned authority about. maintaining this village and develop its role. By the end of the project a proper handover of this village to local partners will be carefully organized.
Team and management and Organization settings:
The Technical Manager Ecovillage is part of UPP Nasiriya office team, He or She will follow this line management:
- Direct line manager is UPP Project Manager in Nasiriya: Toon Bijnens
- General supervisor is the UPP Country Representative in Erbil: Raid Michael
- Relevant higher degree in engineering;
- Candidates have to be permanently resident in Thi Qar Governorate;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in coordination roles.
- Knowledge and familiarity with livelihood projects.
- Geographical area knowledge of Thi Qar and the Marshes.
- Fluent English and Arabic.
- Computer literacy (word, excel, outlook, internet);
- Availability & ability to undertake additional assignments and flexibility to multi-task work.
- Planning skills in terms of drafting work plans, priority setting, capacity to match deadlines;
- Demonstrable skills in administration and procurement
- Working experience with NGOs and local authorities
- Affinity with heritage and environment
- Flexibility, good communication and organizational skills.
- Sense of responsibility, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly approachable and trustworthy.
- Readiness to listen to people, capacity to prioritize, open-mindedness and common sense.
- Strong humanitarian motivation
- Proactive attitude
Interested candidates are invited to submit:
- A detailed CV in English language
- A brief motivation letter
Please indicate “Technical Manager Nasiriya” in the subject of the email.
Interested candidates should email their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org