Under the general guidance of the Protection Coordinator, the overall supervision of the National Protection Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Protection recreational activities by performing the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support participants in learning new skills and steps on how to develop them.
- Assist in creating simple schedules for activities, showing the order of learning steps.
- Assist during activities to ensure everyone is comfortable and engaged.
- Assist in making basic weekly plans for activities.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the community center Team leader.
- Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy are maintained about confidential information.
- Highschool completion with two years of relevant experience, or;
- Primary school completion with 3 years of relevant experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Good experience in sewing field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Fluency in (Arabic) is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
IOM IN/234 - Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.