Jobs By Governorates
Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM)/DCoM, the overall supervision of the senior Migration Health Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out administrative, finance, logistics, related tasks.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Obtain lists of warehouses and their location and status (include security to guarantee safety of drugs and inventory)
- Document existing in-country distribution lines, supply chains and in country procurement lead-times all from central level to TB management units.
- Assist inventory of NTP storehouse with periodic reporting with review existing stock-levels (includes aligning consumption and available shelf-life); review quantification and forecasting in the current grant and re-align as appropriate.
- Provide suggestions for improving existing procurement plans including costing, scheduling and applicable procurement methods and reviews specifications and terms of reference to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with quality standards.
- Collect information about issues related to customs, excise, in-country approvals necessary for procurement among others, in an attempt to identify all possible facilitation support and solutions.
- Coordinate with NTP and the Ministry of Health to obtain the necessary approvals from the ministry to receive the upcoming shipments
- Follow-up the coordination between the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Finance then tax and customs departments to obtain the exemption for upcoming shipments
- Follow up the official letters between NTP and the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to ensure that all documents related to shipments between the country of origin and Iraq are documented and facilitate the legalization process
- Coordinate with the administration of Baghdad airport cargo forwarding to expedite the releasing of IOM-NTP shipments
- Coordinate the transfer of medicines and medical supplies from Baghdad airport to the warehouses of the Ministry of Health, KIMADIA and NTP storage.
- Follow up the quality control test of the upcoming shipments and expedite with good follow up with central lab/KIMADIA focal points.
- Assist IOM Baghdad Health coordinator and logistic /finance units in implementation of GF activities and payment settlement.
- Coordinate with Logistics section in IOM in local purchase of medical items and supplies to NTP
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in pharmacy , medicine or related filed from accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 6 years relevant professional experience.
- Relevant administrative and logistical experience. Experience in Drug management , stock report , international procurement , TB medicines and Quain TB and the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), Accounts, Pharmaceutical software and other system.
- Experience in international organizations, especially UN organizations, is preferred
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems. Specialized trainings in procurement, human resource or finance are desirable.
- Fluency in English and Arabic are required;
- Any other language is and advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
- Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
- Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
- Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
- Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
- Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
- Listens and seeks to understand without bias, and responds appropriately.
- Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others' views and ideas and respects their contribution.
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.