Under the general guidance of the Head, Peacebuilding Stabilization Division, the overall supervision of IOM
Iraq MHPSS Programme Coordinator, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO), and
the direct supervision of MHPSS Programme Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting
MHPSS and Livelihood programming, by performing the following functions and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Assist the MHPSS programme officer in the management of the MHPSS and Livelihood Integration
(MLI) programme in assigned locations, including administrative, coordination, and project
2. Take a leadership role in and coordinate the day-to-day implementation of MLI projects in designated
3. Coordinate with the MHPSS and livelihood staff to ensure smooth programme implementation and
address any concerns in a quick and effective manner.
4. Facilitate trainings on IOM’s MLI approach and activities for IOM staff and other stakeholders.
5. Facilitate MLI group sessions or focus group discussions when necessary.
6. Support the development and revisions of training modules; both in person and online.
7. Carry out and support the development of MLI assessments, community consultations, staff
consultations and other data collection to advance the integrated programme and promote integrated
MHPSS and livelihoods support at country level.
8. Support the maintenance of project documentation, data collection and information, including the
preparation of Arabic and English translations of technical documents and ongoing activities tracking.
9. In accordance with structured reporting requirements and informal reporting needs, prepare clear and
concise reports of all activities undertaken.
10. Ensure that hardcopy and electronic information systems are maintained, particularly the important
notes of all key monitoring, implementation, and coordination activities.
11. Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained with regard to confidential project and
12. Participate in the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the MLI programme under the MHPSS
Programme and in the logistical elaboration of the programmatic phases of intervention.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female
candidates are especially encouraged, as well as the internal and external candidates are eligible to
apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, the internal candidates are considered as
13. Support the programme officer in developing a research study on the impact of MLI in Iraq.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the programme officer or other relevant staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Educational Psychology, Economics, Humanitarian
Affairs or any other relevant field from an accredited academic university or institute.
Minimum 4 years of working experience in the humanitarian or development sector, of which at least 2
year involves mental health, psychosocial support, social cohesion, peacebuilding, livelihoods or
capacity building programs.
Experience in capacity building is a strong advantage.
Experience in programme management is required.
Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people including people of culturally
diverse backgrounds is required.
Coordination skills are required.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Working Knowledge of Kurdish language is a strong asset.
Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
Shares knowledge and experience.
Positive, constructive attitude.
Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a
minimum of comfort.
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of
sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.