The Dutch Consulate General in Erbil is looking for a proactive and resourceful individual for the position of Senior Management Assistant (Trade, Agriculture, Politics, and Projects)
The Netherlands has a strategy for Iraq and KRI in particular with a focus on economic development, particularly in the agriculture and politics. The successful candidate will help the Netherlands - a small and pragmatic player in KRI - to punch above its weight in supporting the staff in the field of trade, agriculture, politics and projects.
Duties and results areas
Organisational, secretarial and administrative work
· providing and coordinating administrative and organisational support for a varied but related range of subjects (mainly trade, agriculture, projects, and politics).
· Ensuring that organisational and administrative tasks are carried out properly.
· Supporting the CG staff in finding (proactively) information on developments in the above-mentioned fields.
· Answering questions by telephone and e-mail.
· Preparing presentations and writing speeches for meetings and events.
· Ensuring high standard of translating work Kurdish to English and English to Kurdish during meetings.
· Ensuring high standard of translating work Kurdish to English and English to Kurdish of documents.
Stimulating business growth between the Netherlands and the KRI
· Organising meetings, visits and trade missions for Dutch and Kurdish entrepreneurs and relevant Dutch and KRG government officials.
· Conducting meetings with and visits to stakeholders when required.
· Answering questions by telephone and e-mail on trade-related issues.
Providing logistic and project support
· Write and assess project reports and assist in monitoring the progress of projects.
· Organising and preparing a variety of different meetings, events, media interviews, and other PR related matters for CG staff.
· Organising and coordination big events and conferences.
· Sending out invitations, venue coordination and logistics for events.
The Netherlands’ presence in Iraq consists of an Embassy in the International Zone in Baghdad, a Consulate-General in Erbil and an Honorary Consulate in Basra. The team in Erbil is composed of a head of mission (Consul General), deputy Consul General, a second secretary for political affairs, a military advisor to the Peshmerga reform program, a head of consular and internal affairs, an agri advisor and a driver.
The Senior Management Assistant will be working in close cooperation with the (deputy) Head of Mission and the second secretary and will assist other members of the team as required.
In general, the Netherlands in Iraq works towards the following four priorities:
· Security: contribute to stability, security and the fight against terrorism.
· Migration: help Iraqi citizens to overcome the consequences of ISIS occupation, contribute to the protection and economic autonomy of refugees and displaced persons, and strengthen bilateral cooperation between the Netherlands and Iraq on migration.
· Work and income: support private sector development in key sectors such as water, agriculture, and energy and encourage young entrepreneurship, supporting economic reform and tackling corruption, promote investment and job creation by Dutch businesses.
· Human rights: reinforce human rights and the rule of law by supporting institutions and individual defenders of human rights.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs has an active diversity policy and works hard to be an inclusive organization. We cherish differences between people and strive to create teams with a mix of various talents. We seek diversity in gender, cultural background, age and in all other dimensions when we hire new talent.
Qualifications and experience
- Written and oral fluent in English and Kurdish (C1 or above level).
- Knowledge of the Dutch language will be an asset.
- Master’s degree (MA, MSc), preferable in the field of trade and economics.
- Five years of professional experience, preferably in the private sector.
- A well-developed network in KRI within the private and public sectors.
- Willingness to travel within KRI, or occasionally to the Netherlands when required.
Desired competencies and skills
- Proven ability to think critically and independently.
- Dynamism and a proactive attitude, someone who is able to move beyond analysis to deliver real-world impact in KRI.
- No 9-to-5 mentality, open to assist colleagues and to carry out additional tasks as directed by the (deputy) Head of Mission.
- Team player, able to work with a wide range of people and to transcend cultural boundaries.
Please send your updated curriculum vitae and motivation letter to ERB-Events@minbuza.nl before 26 May 2022.
The Consulate General will not consider applications received after the deadline. The envisaged start date for the position is 1 July 2022.
- Only candidates who have the above requirements should apply.
- Candidates without the above-mentioned knowledge or requirements will be ignored.
- CVs without motivation letter will not be read. Both documents must be submitted as word or pdf document. IMG's, pictures, screen-shots and links can't be accepted.
- A written English assignment is part of the selection process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications submitted after the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.