Under the overall supervision of the Migration Health Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Information Management (IM) Officer in close coordination with the Doctor, the successful incumbent will perform the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Supervise the maintenance of the digital data filing system (local and cloud based) and suggest improvement.
- Supervise the management of Kobo/ODK form versioning and distribution.
- Design & Program Surveys and data forms on IMS System using the type of form management tool.
- Develop weekly team plans and supervise the assignment of tasks related to incoming data management requests.
- Verify the accuracy of data reported by MHD -supported clinics and field staff in both online and paper forms.
- Provide training in online data collection and IM best practices to MHD staff, including on-the-job training and ongoing coaching as needed.
- Coordinate with relevant colleagues in an assigned geographic area to ensure MHD activities are captured in accurate databases and reporting platforms.
- Ensure timely collection and entry of quality and accurate data into various databases on the Management Information System (MIS) daily covering all activities under the Migration Health Department.
- Assist in verifying and preparing records of support delivered to clinics and health facilities; prepare documentation for administrative purposes, follow procedures for the document’s internal validation.
- Create, maintain, and test the data collection tools and provide detailed feedback on ways to improve them.
- Assist with the generation of quantitative reports for internal and external use.
- Actively conduct data validation and cross-checking for data received from the field and follow up with teams to ensure complete and up-to-date information is uploaded and processed.
- Assist in data analysis and prepare reports and dashboards.
- Assist in developing user manuals, and training materials to be distributed to field teams on best practices.
- Provide user support and system training to the staff on ODK or any other data collection.
- Support the Information Management Officer in all data related requests.
- Ensure the effective use of the designated information systems, including web portals and application tools, to support inter-agency coordination.
- Support and enforce data confidentiality guidelines to protect sensitive data.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in working in an international environment and in liaising with a variety of partners at all levels of the hierarchy.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drives for results.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to present clear and concise information.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- Any other language is an asset.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.