SENIOR GRANTS OFFICER
Closing date: - 06 July 2022
Interview date: - TBC
Vacancy reference: - INT8658 – Senior Grants Officer (National)
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change.
And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
GRANTS & FUNDING: To work with Oxfam’s beneficiaries and partners to overcome poverty and suffering and to advocate and campaign for policy, knowledge, attitude, and practice change to help achieve Oxfam’s strategic change objectives in country.
- To ensure quality and consistency in relationships with institutional donors
- To ensure quality narrative and financial reports and communications are produced in compliance with donor requirements
- To build the capacity of teams in regional offices to develop strong reports and comply with donor requirements
- To support programme teams and regional offices in planning and managing their income
To support the Grants and Funding team with grants management, reporting and donor compliance.
Erbil - with (20%) traveling to field offices
Internal Job Grade:
As per Oxfam Salary Scale
Fixed term, 12 months
Grant Management and Reporting
- Coordinates donor reporting processes through the coordination, compiling, drafting, and editing of high-quality donor reports (monthly, quarterly, interim, annual and final), ensuring compliance with Oxfam and donor requirements;
- Communicates regularly with finance department and assists in financial reporting to donors by verifying their compliance with the approved budget and all contractual stipulations;
- Advises staff and project partners on donor regulations and internal Oxfam procedures;
- Coordinates compiling and disseminating grant information to other departments and donors
- Works in collaboration with the Finance Unit at country level as well as HQ for the submission of donor instalment requests;
- Organize and co-facilitate all Grant Kick-Off, Review and Closure Meetings with field teams and other relevant staff;
- Advise Oxfam programme and finance team members on appropriate action for grant related challenges and coordinate with Oxfam senior staff in decision making;
- Assist with strengthening the capacity of field staff and local partners by supporting trainings and providing follow-up support in report writing, sub-grants procedures, and other topics as needed;
- Supports the Grants Coordinator with the tracking and filing of current grants and funding proposals;
- Supports the Grants Coordinator on grant and reporting duties as necessary
Information and Systems Management;
- Maintains the grants management system by maintaining up to date allocation, income, reporting and other proposal records;
- Supports the grants officer in updating the grant management system
- Maintains funding information systems and records on donor contracts and income data on the shared drive, project management system and on hard files;
- Collaborate with finance staff to align financial information on grants and project management systems, ensuring that all variances are addressed in a timely manner;
- Supports Business Development and Fundraising Coordinator to accurately file and share Funding Grids and Forecast Income growth regularly.
- Contributes to donor engagement and fundraising efforts as needed;
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights;
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles;
- Extensive experience working in similar role with NGOs and donors, such as EC, ECHO, DFID, OFDA, DFATD, BMZ, GFO and UN agencies
- Able and willing to spend 50% of employment within Oxfam’s field offices
- Excellent English communication skills
- Fluency in Arabic
- Demonstrated ability to support a grants management system, maintaining a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality and analytical written work in English. Experience in editing written work in English is also ideal
- Experience in grants, reporting, and programme development
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor colleagues on donor compliance and reporting best practices
- Self-motivated, target-driven and an entrepreneurial approach
- A team player with highly developed interpersonal, influencing and relationship skills
- Ability to manage her/his time effectively; able to adapt priorities to respond to changing demands.
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this consultancy, please visit the job advert using below link:
Application only should be WORD-PDF format.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.