About Human Appeal
Human Appeal (HA) is a British humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Human Appeal has been operating in Iraq since 2016. Human Appeal currently has almost 400 staff across numerous locations in Iraq, including Erbil, Duhok, Nineveh, Salah al Din, Kirkuk and Baghdad. Human Appeal Iraq’s country office is in Erbil with sub-offices in Mosul, Tikrit, Baghdad and Aana. Human Appeal has and is delivering over $50 million in humanitarian and early-recovery assistance in 2017-18. Human Appeal is working in a number of thematic sectors: primarily in protection; shelter and non-food items; food security and livelihoods; WASH; and education. Human Appeal’s main donors include UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP and numerous other international institutional partners.
The case worker will provide support of the identification of Orphan child welfare program cases and services.
Provide follow-up and monitoring of cases registered, planned and in process. In line with guidance to HA’s programmes and initiatives for the protection of vulnerable groups including.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
GBV Lead and Technical Support
- Ensure case management process of all cases, including identification, registration is followed up and ready for closure.
- case worker's assistant will be trained on Orphan Assistant protection principles and oriented on HA rules and regulations.
- Ensure caseworker humanitarian principles are maintained and applied in line with all process of case management process
- Coordinates directly with service providers working within the area of HA intervention activities and communities where the project is implemented and follow up the referrals process.
- case worker's assistant will ensure safe identification of cases and referred ones are in place according to the working plan.
- Ensure cases are up to date including new case trends identified, categorization of referrals and database of cases is up to date on regular basis.
- Archiving of cases relevant information after case closure, case studies and success stories of the project in line with data protection policy.
- Ensure participation of case review and case conference meetings and share experience on critical/ complex cases.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor to ensure successful implementation of Human Appeal programming
- Outdoors : 70%
PERSON SPECIFICATION (Education, Experience, Skills. Abilities)
1-Relevant Diploma degree or a higher qualification in Law, Social and Women’s Studies, Humanitarian Assistance, International Human Rights.
2-A minimum of 1 years’ successful protection & GBV management experience in the humanitarian field.
3-Strong conceptual and practical understanding of Women’s Protection issues and approaches in humanitarian contexts, including the constraints/risks and cultural sensitivities of work in Iraq.
4-Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
5-Fluency in English and Arabic writing and speaking.
6-Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to:
Qualified Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Reviewing the application CVs will be on a daily basis, therefore HA reserves the right to do the interviews for the position before the closing date of the job advertisement.
Dear Applicant kindly is noted that Human Appeal Iraq do not ask for or request any (physical, emotional, sexual) services in return for employment.
Please, be informed that Human Appeal Iraq DO NOT tolerate such misconduct and if any of these incidents or approaches occurs.