Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
in Sinuni - Governorate of Nineveh
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract for 10 months. The place of work will be in Sinuni - Governorate of Nineveh .
Implementation of project activities according to the specified deadlines and organisational, contractual and financial directives.
Depending on the specialist division, the Expert is responsible for carrying out procurement activities, implementing technical measures and / or implementing social components within the framework of the specified project assignment.
2.1. Duties with own area of responsibility
2.2 Duties without own area of responsibility
• Implementation of specialist workshops
• Consultancy regarding the introduction, rehabilitation or maintenance of technical equipment, regarding social issues or any other areas in the focus of this position.
• Helps ensure adherence to quality standards in relevant fields
• Management and maintenance of technical equipment, if applicable
• Instruction and training of national staff
• Monitoring of the inventory management of relief supplies (incoming/outgoing goods, regular stock checks, resupply) and their distribution to the target groups or project locations
• Documentation of relevant technical and procurement processes in accordance with the co-financing agreement or Welthungerhilfe directives (such as Assignment Allocation Regulation, AAR).
• Preparation of project progress reports
• Fulfillment of any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position
2.3 Specific Activities and duties of the position
• The Project Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the project’s activities in colaberation with the project team:
- Particiapte in the facilitation and implementation of the internal and external project's kick off meetings.
- Support MEAL department in conducting project's baseline , endline, and post distribution monitoring activities.
- Responsible for the registeration of project's benefeciaries
- Facilitate the business management and food proccessing trainings
- Faciliate the cash distribution for Livelihoods Activiation Grants -LAGs
- Conduct monitoring visits to the supported business after the grants distributions
-Submit weekly reprots to the head of project on the project's implimentation
- Supervising the Field facilitators and facilitating their payments on a monthly bases
1. Knowledge/ Qualifications
1.1 Professional/ formal qualification
Vocational training, on-the-job training, vocational school
1.2 Job-related professional experience
1 to 2 years' professional experience working in the global South
1.3 Foreign language skills
Ability to communicate in a world language
Ability to cope in a tropical climate
2. Social skills
2.1 Social skills
Communicates and liaises with others
2.2 Capacity for teamwork
Ability to work in a team
2.2 Intercultural competence
3. Disciplinary Leadership of staff
Activity based on instructions, scope of action within the assignment
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification. The job description can be sent to you in case of interest.
Please note that ( WHH has applied for a grant with our donors and is very confident to be awarded these funds. It must be understood that an employment contract will only be given if the grant is awarded to WHH)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.