About The Organization
WASEL TASEL was founded as a volunteer-based initiative in March 2015. It was born as a response to the displacement crisis that befell Iraq in recent years. We adhere to the four humanitarian principles (humanity, integrity, neutrality, and independence) when working with our beneficiaries, which include the displaced (IDPs), the Syrian refugees, and the host communities. Our new vision is focused on Education, Health, Development, Relief and Social Initiatives. On July 22, 2019, we became a registered IRAQI Non-Governmental Organization with certificate number 1I1907043 issued by the Department of Non-Governmental Organizations, General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers. Wasel Tasel Humanitarian Foundation management believe in women empowerment so %40 of the volunteers and employees are females. Our community center in Mosul city targeting programs of (Community cohesion, capacity and skills development for youth, agriculture and environment, education, health, livelihoods )
About The Project
Project implemented by the WASEL TASEL humanitarian Foundation in the city of Al-Qaim, and aims to reduce violent extremism for post-conflict societies. It provides legal and psychological services through an information center that provides counseling services to beneficiaries in the targeted areas about the services they can obtain. Whether by state institutions or civil society organizations for beneficiaries from the marginalized and most vulnerable groups in order to contribute to the process of safe integration into society.
Purpose/objective of the position:
Project Coordinator will plan and coordinate the project and its activities and oversee project implementation to ensure that the project aligns with the set objectives as per the agreement with the donor and to track expenditures as per the agreed budget
Coordinating among the work team members and guiding them through the various stages of implementation to ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the set objectives and targeted category.
Follow up on the project progress, monitor and assess project implementation, Weekly & monthly implementation Reports of the results of implementation, recommendations, and a description of the beneficiaries with mentioning the challenges and obstacles to implementation
Facilitate coordination with the donors, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders
Manage and organize the documentation of the project as per the different phases and ensure that all documents are archived in hard and soft copies
Conducting field assessments and surveys to collect data received from community mobilizers and analyze them to design and implement project activities in a manner that is consistent with the donors objectives and strategy of the Foundation
Prepare detailed work plans and budget breakdowns for the different phases of the project to guide the team and related departments on the project implementation plan and requirements per phase
Ensuring that cases and legal files are on track for cases handed over to lawyers specialized in personal status cases
The ability to target the people concerned, with the help of community leaders, stakeholders, and those with influence and authority in the targeted areas, and to strengthen social relations to ensure the progress of work and implementation of the plan as planned in the project work plan
Represent the WTHF at formal events such as conferences and meetings run by stakeholders.
Regularly coordinate with admin, finance, and HR for effective implementation of the project activities as per the agreed work plan and objectives and outcomes of the project.
Develop work plan on weekly basis in the light of Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for direct reports and ensure effective monitoring of all activities assigned to each staff
Ensure that the project is implemented effectively maintaining high quality standards and ensuring consistency of the work in accordance with the programme goal and objectives.
Prepare timely progress reports for the Area Coordinator to ensure the provision of accurate and updated information on progress and beneficiary data.
Respect and adhere to Wasel Tasel safe guarding policy
Conduct any other duties assigned by supervisors in support of the protection program
Essential Skills :
- The ability to work as a team
- Technological Skills.
- Public Relations & Communication Skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve creatively and mitigate risks effectively.
Educational & Qualifications Requirements:
- A native of the region ( AL-Qaim province)
- Excellent understanding of Legal support Projects, and how implement it
- Excellent communication skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities
Preferably university degree in Law or social sciences graduate, or other relevant advanced educational degree.
- At least 3 year of experience in the areas of CSO work, preferably with international or local organizations/NGOs.
- At least one year of relevant experience in Legal Project to Supporting peace and consolidating stability ، social cohesion and Prevention of Violent Extremism (PVE) programs in Iraq
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Good level of oral and written Arabic , English is an asset
- Good communication skills required and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- High professional ethics and confidentiality standards in a diverse workplace,
- Organized, proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
If you have the required qualification and requirements? Then apply for this position by Click on shown below Link:
- Closing date for applications: 12 June 2023
- Only PDF CVs will be reviewed.
- The CVs should not exceed 3 pages
The selection and recruitment process will be based Donor Approval
*The application CVs will be on a rolling basis.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.