About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of Procurement and Logistics Officer:
The Procurement and Logistics Officer is based in Erbil, with frequent travels to other areas of KRI. The Senior Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of Procurement and Logistic processes with emphasis on the following activities:
- Stock Management and Custom Clearance
- Facilities Maintenance, Security and Contracts
- Fleet Management
- Equipment Maintenance and Management
- Service Contracts Management
- Develop a manual for Procurement and Logistics Department
- Ensure that SEED Foundation procedures are carried out for all procurement and that correct supporting documentation and approval is received
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Develop RFQ (request for quotations) and RFP (request for proposals) to meet the needs of SEED requirements
- Ensure all donor requirements and SEED's internal requirements are met when developing policies and procedures
- Provide support to the Senior Manager-Operations to ensure that all procurements meet donor regulations and SEED standards and practices.
- Preserve the integrity of the procurement process, including drafting project procurement documents including all solicitations, negotiation memos, consents to subcontract, and waivers
- Conduct market research as required
- Work directly with local, regional, or international vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or to initiate procurements of commodities or services
- Assist the grants team to educate grantees on procurement issues, as needed
- Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Collect quotations and check prices for purchase of goods and services
- Translate receipts/invoices written from Kurdish or Arabic into English
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester
- Ensure that Procurement filing systems are maintained and up-to-date as per SEED Foundation procedures
Stock Management and Custom Clearance:
- Develop a policy and a system for stock management and inventory.
- Check, record, and distribute goods received
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts)
- When an order is received: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform the supervisor of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Managing the Customs clearance by Road and by Air of any stocks received by SEED Foundation
Facilities Management and Maintenance:
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and premises
- Carry out repairs when necessary or liaise with repairers as per SEED Foundation procedures
- Develop a fleet management policy
- Responsible for the maintenance and running of the fleet, ensuring that the drivers carry out daily/weekly maintenance requirements
- Organize movements of cars as per program needs
- Ensure equipment management systems/reports are up-to-date and maintained as per SEED Foundation Procedures.
- Carry out an annual Asset check.
- Maintain an asset registry
IT and Communications:
- Ensure that all procurement of computers, software, printers is efficient, cost-effective, and meets requirements.
- Maintenance of computers (hardware and software), and other communications and technical equipment of the organization.
- Distribute communications equipment and manage phone credit system.
- Serve as a positive role model and SEED Foundation at all times.
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, disability status, marital status, and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.
- +3 years’ experience from working in a similar position in a professional environment.
- Ensure compliance with SEED Foundation procedures and policies
- Ability to remain focused under pressure with a commitment to work hard and for long hours.
- Good character, cooperative and honest.
- Good team player; collaborative and able to work well with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Good knowledge in English, Kurdish, and Arabic
- Geographical area knowledge
- Send One PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Procurement and Logistics officer, Erbil” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.