Jobs By Governorates
He/she will be responsible of monitoring and evaluating the activities (under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator of AVSI, including identification of measurement methodologies, data collection plans, and tools, managing the Information System), Accountability (ensure beneficiaries' feedback and complaints are effectively tracked and addressed, including developing the project’s complaints, feedback and response mechanism), and Learning (to collect and document, and share lessons learned, to conduct after-action reviews and learning events for activities adaptation).
1-Design and implement MEAL System:
- Develop and implement MEAL plan of the project to generate regular information related to project progress.
- Develop common indicators for data collection, design data collection tools/templates, and assist for regular data collection/generation process.
- Provide technical support to project staff on implementing M&E plan and logical framework.
- Collect and analyze data to determine progress achieved.
- Design gender, age, and ability-friendly community-based feedback mechanisms in collaboration with community members, including a system to effectively and confidentially manage complaints.
2- Project Information Management
- Track project's output and outcome level results on the periodic basis in close coordination with project's implementing team
- Collect, check, verify and compile data from the field as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, capture major learning from field, photographs, case studies, video documentaries.
- Update and maintain the project's database; and provide progress data required for reports and decision making.
- Present status of M&E activities on periodic basis.
3-Capacity Development in MEAL
- Provide technical support to staff members for all MEAL related activities.
- Capacitate project staff on MEAL concepts, skills and tools.
- Work closely with implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Review field level assessment reports, baseline studies and evaluation reports.
- Triangulate data received from field and ensure reliability
- Ensure that reports from partners/consultants are complete and meet the quality requirements.
- Ensure compliance with project's implementing strategies and approaches.
5-Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare the MEAL unit's periodic progress report.
- Assist the Project team to prepare period reports of project by providing required information.
- Collect and/or assist to collect case story, best practice documentation, lesson learn; and update and manage that information in project's reports and other knowledge products.
- Work closely with the project's implementing team as well as the partner organization to ensure that lessons learned from project evaluations are documented properly.
REPORTING TO:- MEAL Coordinator
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public health, or international development preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing and overseeing MEAL related task.
- Knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Hands on experience of managing database software.
- Strong analytical and IT skills, including statistical tools and business analytics services (SPSS, Power BI, Excel).
- Proven experience in using ODK software management or any similar digital data collection software.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, team player and self-organized.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.
AVSI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, to apply.
How to Apply (Application Process):
Interested candidates are required to send CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 14-03-2023. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, AVSI may fill the position prior to the closing date.
Please mention job position and location in the subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.