The project “Strengthening Resilience in dealing with crises and conflicts in Ninewa (SRN), Iraq” in the District of Tel Afar - Zummar and Ayadiya subdistricts – Iraq, financed by GIZ and implemented by AVSI Foundation, aims at fostering economic recovery in the rural areas of Zummar and Al-Ayadiyah in Tel Afar district, Ninewa governorate. To reactivate the economy in those areas AVSI will therefore collaborate with local actors and relevant local government services to implement a comprehensive approach addressing various levels of typical rural value chains, namely:
- Re-launch of farm productions with enhanced climate resilience,
- Improvement of access to supplies and services for farmers
- Development of local food processing units.
- Promotion of market linkages
He/she will be responsible of monitoring and evaluating the activities (including identification of measurement methodologies, data collection plans, and tools, managing the Information System), Accountability (ensure beneficiaries' feedback and complaints are effectively tracked and addressed, including developing the project’s complaints, feedback and response mechanism), and Learning (to collect and document, and share lessons learned, to conduct after-action reviews and learning events for activities adaptation).
1.Design and implement MEAL System:
- Establish a reliable and consistent plan to track progress of project outcomes and outputs indicators, in collaboration with the Project Manager and under supervision of MEAL Regional Manager.
- Supervise the development of the monitoring and evaluation plan of the project in line with the project logical framework and in consultation with the project team.
- Design and develop M&E Matrix and tools, that will allow to define and create a uniformity in the methodology on every M&E activity within the project’s life.
- Support the elaboration of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines and update it where/when necessary.
- Organize regular field visits and support AVSI in evaluating any potential adjustment to the project to improve its impact.
- Prepare and submit quarterly monitoring and evaluation reports to identify any major challenges and opportunities faced throughout the project activities.
- Develop common indicators for data collection, design data collection tools/templates, and assist for regular data collection/generation process.
- Design gender, age, and ability-friendly community-based feedback mechanisms in collaboration with community members, including a system to manage complaints effectively and confidentially.
2.Project Information Management
- Create a monitoring tool (Indicator Tracking Table – ITT) to analyze and inform the project manager of the progress of the activities.
- Track project's output and outcome level results on the periodic basis in close coordination with project's implementing team
- Sharing of challenges, good practices, feedbacks, and lesson learnt from the field and data collected.
- Check and verify the integrity of data collected from the field as stipulated in the M&E plan.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, capture major learning from field, photographs, case studies, video documentaries.
- Provide progress data required for reports and decision making.
- Present status of M&E activities to project management on weekly basis.
3.Capacity Development in MEAL
- Provide technical support to staff members for all MEAL related activities.
- Capacitate project staff on MEAL concepts, skills and tools.
- Work closely with implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
- Ensure that reports from experts and consultants are complete and meet the quality requirements.
- Ensure compliance with project's implementing strategies and approaches.
- Establish and ensure the implementation of mechanisms or standards for the protection of personal data collected within the project.
- Review field level assessment reports, baseline studies and evaluation reports.
5.Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare the MEAL unit's periodic progress report.
- Assist the Project team to prepare period reports of project by providing required information.
- Collect and/or assist to collect case story, best practice documentation, lesson learn; and update and manage that information in project's reports and other knowledge products.
- Work closely with the project's implementing team to ensure that lessons learned from project evaluations are documented properly.
- Represent externally AVSI in MEAL working group and establish networking with other organizations to share M&E learning and good practices.
REPORTING TO:Country Representative/MEAL Regional manager
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public health, or international development preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing, and overseeing MEAL related task.
- Knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Hands on experience of managing database software.
- Strong analytical and IT skills, including statistical tools and business analytics services (SPSS, Power BI, Excel).
- Proven experience of using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis tools.
- Preferably Good knowledge of local context.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, team player and self-organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
AVSI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, to apply.
How to Apply (Application Process):
Interested candidates are required to send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25-01-2023. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, AVSI may fill the position prior to the closing date.
Please mention job position in the subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.