Jobs By Governorates
General Description of the Programme
INTERSOS had been working in Iraq from 2003 till 2010 with programs aimed at responding to urgent material safety needs and enhancing access to basic social services for vulnerable individuals and communities in Southern Iraq, Baghdad and Kurdistan.
Following the conflict in the Syrian Arab Republic and the deterioration of the humanitarian situation which has negatively affected also the neighbouring countries, in November 2013 INTERSOS has resumed the operations in the Iraq to contribute towards ensuring emergency relief and social protection assistance for the Syrian refugees fleeing their home in search of safety. In July 2014 INTERSOS has extended its operations in the Kurdistan Region and is currently providing services aimed at assisting both Syrian refugees and Iraqi IDPs in camp and non-camp settings, with interventions mainly concentrated on the Community Services, Protection and Education Sectors. INTERSOS is now planning to further contribute towards assisting vulnerable conflict-affected civil population in the whole of Iraq by expanding the on-going activities in terms of geographical target areas and sectors of expertise to properly respond to unmet needs and detected gaps.
Overview of the Role
Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Logistics assistant will provide day to day support to the Logistics activities in Mosul Office as with the procurement and facilities management, fleet management, assets management and support of preparation of all needed documents for the logistics.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Support in the tracking market prices, market assessment availability based on PR, proactive searching of new suppliers and products.
- Following up on request for quotation (RFQ) processes including, collection of quotations from the local market, preparing evaluation grid, obtaining the necessary approvals, reception of the requested goods and services and follow up on payments with the finance department
- Support in filing for procurements, keeping procurement files in order according to INTERSOS procurement procedures. Maintain archive and record of all complete procurement documents.
- Support in the communication with suppliers for the clarification of bids.
- Any other related procurement activities as instructed by the line manager.
Transportation and Fleet management:
- Contribute and maintain full implementation of the Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) on fleet management in the base.
- In coordination with the Logistics officer, provide daily management of the base fleet, in line with INTERSOS policies.
- Direct responsibility of shipments of the relief items, equipment and supplies at the base level required by the field team in INTERSOS working areas in a timely and cost-effective way of delivery in line with the right procedures, taking into account national and customs regulations.
- Maintain Vehicles Log Books, follow up on the maintenance checks and align all drivers with INTERSOS fleet practices.
- Conduct regular spot checks on all vehicles and ensure needs for tools, spare parts, vehicle contents, and safety equipment are in place in all INTERSOS vehicles in coordination with the logistics officer in the base and in Erbil office.
- Produce monthly feet reports of all vehicles.
- Ensure essential facility services are readily provided e.g. power, water, telephone, internet, etc.; Ensure the proper utility and good shape of the facilities (Plumbing/ water and electricity supply device/ sanitary ware of the premises);
- Support of the following up the consumption of office material, including; cleaning products, stationeries, offices supplies, fuel and lubricants used in the different facilities (office, guest house, and community centres)
- Contact with landlords and update the contract tracking at the base level
- Supporting in doing regular maintenance of all services in the offices and guesthouses in the area of responsibility; and raise purchases requests for maintenances needs with support from the logistics officer.
- Support to the logistics officer for the WH/store management in the field base, making sure that the documentation for incoming and exiting stock items are in place and updated; including, GRNs, Stock Cards, Waybill and Stock Reports.
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking / storage plans prior to programming / contingency commodities arrivals;
- Support the logistics officer to distribute of dispose of stock items according to the distribution plan or disposal plan.
- Field site visit in all different projects sites in order to support logistics activities;
- Support the logistics officer in assets management at the base level, including; reception of assets, assets tracking, and assets disposal.
- Report achievements and difficulties and give suggestions to improve procurement, warehouse and Offices and Guesthouses management in INTERSOS base;
- Any other tasks not listed above in order to support and improve;
- Previous experience in work related jobs required
- Good knowledge of procurement processes
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Able to work in Arabic (native language) and English (verbal and written).
- Technical skills
- High level of integrity and understanding of procurement ethics
- Planning and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Negotiation skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Service orientation
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- Able to work in English and Arabic (verbal and written).
INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination.
For those interested and meet the required criteria, please click HERE to apply.
Kindly note that:
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
- INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date.
- The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.
إنترسوس تتمتع بتكافؤ الفرص وتحتفظ بالحق للجميع في التقدم للوظائف الشاغرة دون أي تمييز.
للمهتمين والذين يستوفون المعايير المطلوبة ، يرجى النقر هنا للتقديم.
لطفا لاحظ ذلك:
- سيتم الاتصال فقط لمن يكون ضمن قائمة المرشحين المختصرة.
- يجب تحميل سيرتك الذاتية بصيغة
- تقوم انترسوس بمراجعة التقديمات بصورة دورية ، ونحتفظ بالحق في إغلاق الوظيفة الشاغرة قبل تاريخ الإغلاق المذكور في حال ايجاد الشخص المناسب.
- سيتم إعطاء الأفضلية للمرشحين المؤهلين من سكان المنطقة.