Terre des hommes Foundation – Helping children worldwide (Tdh), is the leading Swiss foundation for children’s aid, with its headquarters in Lausanne, and registered in Iraq with the No 2178598. Tdh aims to create a positive impact on children's lives in almost 40 countries around the world, through our Health, Access to Justice, Migration and Child Protection transversal programmes.
Tdh started its operations in Iraq in Dec 2014 responding to needs of children and youth between the age group of 9-22 years, affected by the ISIL -driven crisis of 2014-2017. Due to high unmet needs for children, youth, and their families affected by the crisis, Tdh scaled up its interventions to 12 districts within 5 governorates (Anbar, Kirkuk, Ninewa, Baghdad & Salah al-Din), providing assistance in child protection, juvenile justice, education and WASH assistance in emergency.
In the long-term, through its Multi-year Country Strategy 2022 – 2024 and its long term Vision for the Country Programme, Tdh plans to reinforce and expand interventions due to the persistent overwhelming needs of children, youth and families through a NEXUS approach, responding to the protracted humanitarian needs while contributing to achieving durable solutions for the most vulnerable and at-risk population groups in the sectors of Child Protection, Education, WASH and Access to Justice for children, youth and women.
As of November 2021, Tdh with its 90 staff employees, is currently implementing a 7,5 Million CHF emergency, rehabilitation, and development program, across the country through its bases and offices in Baghdad, Ninewa, Salah al-Din and Kirkuk governorates working alongside and in collaboration with local partners and national authorities. The main donors are USG, UNOCHA, ECHO, SDC, GIZ, UNICEF. The main coordination office is in Erbil with a multi-cultural, very experienced, and highly motivated team providing support, technical expertise and ensuring accountability, while working closely with the collaborators in the Regional office in Amman, Jordan and the Head Quarters (HQ) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
About the Job
Logistics Assistant is responsible to manage all logistics activates of Baghdad base and provide support to the logistic and supply officer.
S/he supports and implements logistics procedures respecting Tdh mandate and commitments and international standards.
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in accordance with the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
Terre des hommes expects its personnel to behave in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and upholds in all circumstances the interests of the organization.
Tdh intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Fleet & Movement
- Supervise and manage base drivers
- Ensure that the Job description and the appraisal are done for the drivers when asked by HR
- Prepare the inter-base movement and verify the Base movement
- Write the fleet report every month/when asked by the line manager
- Ensure that the security rules are respected
- Keep complete record of generator, vehicle log books and prepare monthly fuel consumption
- Keep office and guesthouse maintenance and cleaned.
- Supervise cleaner and cook for their respective assignments.
- Ensure all rooms in the buildings are equipped with all necessary items
- Responsible of key management for the base premises.
- Premises contracts are updated and filed
- Liaise with premises owner for repair and other premises related issue under base manager supervision
Assets & Equipment
- Responsible on the base IT materials including booting and rebooting of system, internet and printers’ management. Also, accept new tasks in regards of IT.
- Update and maintain assets & equipment follow up as per Tdh procedures.
- Keep all equipment in a good working condition.
- Ensure full responsibility on maintaining the safety of IT equipment, logistic files and Tdh assets.
- Keep updated asset list for any change in the status of equipment.
- Conduct monthly physical inventory of base asset and equipment.
- Receiving of supplies and maintain stock as per stock procedures
- Produce stock cards, in cards
- Maintain good tracking of in and out items
- Periodic physical inventory of stock
- Prepare stock weekly and monthly report.
- Maintain and scan all Stock files in orderly manner.
- Prepare monthly logistic report
- share purchase follow up and stock report within the base and with relevant bases on periodic basis.
- Disseminate the supply information at base level
- Maintain all files and document as per organisation policy
- Prepare the Logistics report for Baghdad base.
- Support logistics and supply officer in collecting quotations as required
- Prepare quotations evaluation documents (CBAs) and issue POs as required.
Accepts new responsibilities as and when those are assigned by the line manager, which might include some supply/purchase activities.
- Professional diploma or university degree in Logistics field (supply, IT, purchase and Supply, …) OR Administration filed.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position preferably with an INGO
- Previous experience in post-emergency response is preferred.
- IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet).
- Organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Fluent in Arabic and basic knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of the Iraqi existing context would be a distinct advantage
The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, pacifist, proactive, committed and – during office hours – non-political. S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions. S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his/her voice when required. S/he is willing to improve own capacities and is open for all topics Tdh is working on to actively contribute to a comprehensive programme implementation.
S/he uses Tdh equipment, vehicles and premises, internet and electricity economically and responsibly. S/he positively represents Tdh to beneficiaries, stake holders and the general public
Application should contain the following two attachments:
Application should be submitted to email@example.com by MENTIONING THE EXACT SUBJECT (Logistics Assistant), Otherwise the applicant will be disregarded.
Any CV shared by a link will be disregarded,
Deadline of application is 6-July- 2022
Note: giving urgency to this recruitment, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.