Jobs By Governorates
Job Information Legal Team Leader (Baghdad) NGO InformationJob Information
NGO Name Legal Clinic Network (LCN)
Contact Email email@example.com
Nationality Not Applicable
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Minimum Experience 3 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2023-03-15
Deadline Date 2023-03-22Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
The Lawyer will be responsible for providing quality legal assistance working closely with detention Consultant, the Detention Lawyer will conduct all necessary legal and non-legal interventions (including selected and approved advocacy) toward, primarily, the authorities in charge, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure full respect of the defendant’s rights in ongoing and envisioned processes.
- Physically access clients held in detention facilities and provide legal assistance including legal representation before relevant court(s)/governmental bodies, pursuant to applicable Iraqi legislation and international legal standards;
- Visit/liaise with the authorities in charge (intelligence and other relevant agencies/departments) to obtain/verify relevant information and evidence and discern security issues;
- Provide consistent and thorough reports about the represented cases, detailing, among the rest: context, charges, legal defense grounds/strategy, undertaken procedural steps, meetings and advocacy activities, client’s treatment in detention;
- Communicate to supervisors and higher management any urgent concerns and required high-level intervention/support in particularly sensitive cases;
- Follow procedures for legal representation and UNHCR guidelines and advise client of the options to solve their particular legal problem and make recommendations on the best actions to take;
- Document detention patterns and conditions in detention facilities as to, among the rest, adequacy of the venue and availability of essential services (detention monitoring);
- Advocate on behalf of clients and make direct interventions with the Government of Iraq, authorities (e.g. phone calls, letters or meetings), national or international organizations, when applicable;
- Ensure adequate case management, with maintained accurate paper records on each client
- Provide information to the supervisors for periodic reports and ad hoc queries.
- Maintain constructive/supporting work relations with all relevant LCN employees.
How To Apply
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Law
- Previous experience of UNHCR Protection Cluster.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Understanding of policy and regulations in related fields
- Demonstrated renown in professional and relevant social circles;
- Experience working with people with different backgrounds and in humanitarian contexts.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and synthesize information in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with a diverse team.
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritize tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience of using own initiative and problem-solving attitude.
- Acceptable English language (Speaking, reading and writing).
interested candidates should forward the ( c. v ) to the following Email address firstname.lastname@example.org deadline date 22 Mar 2023