Under the general guidance of Head, Return and Recovery Unit, the overall supervision of DTM Programme
Coordinator and the direct supervision of the National Communications Officer in close coordination with the
Senior User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Designer, the successful candidate will support under
the area of responsibility as below.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of communication and visibility strategy for RRU.
2. Contribute to the development of communication materials, press briefing notes and social media
updates, showcasing IOM’s work in line with donor visibility requirements and IOM guidelines.
3. Produce content in the form of programme descriptions, human interest stories, photographs and video
clips for international and local audiences; demonstrate cultural awareness, social sensitivity and respect
for privacy when interviewing and working with affected populations.
4. Graphically design communication materials for RRU according to IOM media and branding guidelines
and with innovative approaches to enhance visibility and impact.
5. Brief RRU’s Communications Officer and colleagues regarding media requests; identify communication
opportunities and make suggestions for communication products.
6. Coordinate closely with the mission’s PI unit to ensure synergy and complementarity of IOM Iraq’s
overall communication strategies and products.
7. Monitor and report on the results of RRU communication activities, including social media campaigns,
events and any feedback received on communication products.
8. Assist with the organization of any events, meetings, etc. in the context of the programme activities
and RRU’s external communications.
9. Support the translation, copy edit and review of documents in English, Arabic and Kurdish in close
cooperation with the translator, the National Communications Officer and relevant programme staff.
10. Initiate and support any administrative procedures required for RRU communication activities, in
close coordination with the National Communication Officer.
11. Support the coordination of RRU communication materials with partners as relevant.
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the project manager.
13. Undertake travel in Iraq as a request.
University degree in graphic design, communication from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in communications.
Experience in Adobe Illustration, InDesign, Photoshop.
Experience in publishing to the web, newsletters, and other media.
Demonstrates familiarity with digital photography and video.
Demonstrates familiarity with social media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Previous work experience with UN or other international NGOs an advantage.
Fluency in in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
Shares knowledge and experience.
Positive, constructive attitude.
Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a
minimum of comfort.
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of
sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.