Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-H is currently recruiting for a Female project coordinator assistant, in Hawija/ Abbasi.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analyzing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision- making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Representing MSF externally together with the PC or alone (if so delegated).
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed: make context analyses and reach out to community leaders before such visits take place.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations with local actors and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources.
- Contribute to security assessments/updates by supplying the PC with contextual information.
- Reporting all relevant information expressed by the beneficiaries and the communities, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain, build and expand her existing network among decision-makers in the local community.
- Providing quality and culturally sensitive interpretation between MSF staff and community members, thereby supporting intercultural awareness and sensitivity, as well as clear communication between the concerned parties.
- Ensuring quality linguistic and intercultural interpretation during the collection of testimonies for advocacy/communication purposes.
- Contributing to contextual understanding and data collection on medical/humanitarian issues to provide reliable information for operational decision-making.
- Supporting administration of assessments/ surveys when needed.
- Monitoring (social) media to check for local news reports about MSF and supporting content creation for communication.
- Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally through constructive messaging among community members.
- Contribute to or compile reporting or meeting minutes.
- A range of additional, often ad-hoc, administrative tasks will be part of the daily duties.
- Fix term contract if non DOH staff is hired and service agreement if DOH staff is hired (applicants working with government institutions must provide unpaid leave/Non objection certificate before any selection decision made by MSF).
- Intended start date: February, 2022
- Department: Project/ coordination
- Location: Hawija/ Abbasi
- Level: 6
- Gender: Female
- Activity rate: 100 %
Minimum level of secondary education, but preferably a bachelor’s or master’s degree in social or political sciences, communication or any other relevant subject. A lack of formal education can be replaced by relevant working experience.
Previous experience of at least one year in related relevant positions, in an NGO. A lack of NGO experience can be replaced by other relevant working experience.
Strong command of English and fluency in local languages is essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Planning capabilities
• Organisational skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Diplomacy and strong negotiation skills
• Ability to build and maintain a professional network
• Takes initiative
• Strong sense of integrity
• Patient and empathic
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation and any relevant certificates) to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject “ Female project coordinator assistant”)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit any relevant certificate.
- Due the nature of Job, MSF will accept applications from qualified female candidates only.
- We strongly favor local candidates from Hawija
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION: Sunday 23rd January 2022 (10:00am)