All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The MHPSS Officer is responsible for the technical supervision and coordination of all MHPSS activities under the supervision of the Protection Manager. S/he will ensure that training and capacity building needs of field protection staff are timely addressed and that the protection services and activities meet quality standards in the sector.
- Provide technical guidance and support to MHPSS staff (psychologists and PSS workers), ensuring quality in the implementation of activities and services as well as the adherence to protection standards;
- Support the field teams with the development of a technically sound (monthly & weekly) work plans, consistent with the goals and objectives of the project;
- Maintain regular and positive collaboration with colleagues to enhance synergies and ensure that intervention between the different project components is harmonized and that protection is mainstreamed into the other sectors of intervention;
- Participate in the recruitment of project staff, provide objective feedback with regards to staff performance (evaluate performance and deliverables against job descriptions), expectations and areas for growth and professional development;
- Identify capacity building needs of MHPSS staff by assessing their knowledge and skills and accordingly provide learning opportunities through training, workshops and/or simulation exercises; ensure continuous on the job coaching and mentoring;
- Support the Protection Manager in developing and/or updating protection tools and training material in order to meet the project’s requirement;
- Contribute to the development of quality internal/external reports and project proposals, providing relevant protection data, insights and analysis;
- Ensure that INTERSOS data protection policies are shared, understood and uphold by all staff in compliance with the highest standards of privacy and confidentiality;
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with relevant partners and other project stakeholders working in the project areas;
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services;
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings, as requested by the Protection Manager;
- Other duties as assigned by the Protection Manager.
(Can be adapted to the particularities of the job location and the requirement of the specific project, but should be approved by the Protection Coordinator before advertising the vacancy).
- Manage and supervise a team of XX psychologists and XX PSS workers;
- Provide coaching and technical guidance to the field staff to ensure quality and timely implementation of MHPSS activities including: (i) outreach activities to identify PWSN, children, adolescent and caregivers in need; (ii) PSS activities for children/youth and adults following the cluster-adopted PSS curricula; (iii) Informal Skills Trainings with boys and girls, men and women inside and outside the community centers; (iv) Awareness raising sessions targeting children, adolescents, adults and PWSN; (v) provision of specialized psychological counselling;
- Provide technical guidance to the development of the MHPSS program and related material;
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of PSS activities/toolkits on beneficiaries;
- Ensure that vulnerable/at risk individuals are promptly and safely identified and referred. Maintain and update a database of internal and external referrals;
- Monitor that progress on individual cases is documented by the psychologists, maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent;
- In collaboration with the psychologists, plan and facilitate internal trainings to Case Managers and Workers on the provision of basic psychosocial counselling as part of case management and provide trainings on MHPSS related issues for internal staff;
- Plan and facilitate the induction process for all newly recruited psychologists and PSS workers on protection principles, safe identification and referral procedures, MHPSS, PSS curricula and other relevant topics;
- Contribute to the drafting of yearly/monthly financial plan for the relevant budget lines. Ensure monthly follow up on progress of budget expenditures against financial plan and preparation of weekly liquidity plan;
- Coordinate with field staff and with the INTERSOS Logistic Department for materials and services needed to implement activities in the field.
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in Social Sciences or related field (Psychology preferred)
- Minimum three years relevant professional experience in the protection sector (of which at least one year in a supervisory role)
- Previous working experience with IDPs, refugees and returnees;
- Strong knowledge of international protection and psycho-social programming in the humanitarian context.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good leadership skills
- Strong technical knowledge in protection and psycho-social support
- High confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination.
For those interested and meet the required criteria, please click HERE to apply.
Kindly note that:
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
- INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date.
- The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.
إنترسوس تتمتع بتكافؤ الفرص وتحتفظ بالحق للجميع في التقدم للوظائف الشاغرة دون أي تمييز.
للمهتمين والذين يستوفون المعايير المطلوبة ، يرجى النقر هنا للتقديم.
لطفا لاحظ ذلك:
- سيتم الاتصال فقط لمن يكون ضمن قائمة المرشحين المختصرة.
- يجب تحميل سيرتك الذاتية بصيغة
- تقوم انترسوس بمراجعة التقديمات بصورة دورية ، ونحتفظ بالحق في إغلاق الوظيفة الشاغرة قبل تاريخ الإغلاق المذكور في حال ايجاد الشخص المناسب.
- سيتم إعطاء الأفضلية للمرشحين المؤهلين من سكان المنطقة.