Under general Guidance of the Head, Return and Recovery Unit, the overall supervision of the Senior Operations
Coordinator, the administrative supervision of Head of sub office (HoSO), and the direct supervision of the
Team-leader in close coordination with Senior Community Engagement Assistant. The incumbent will be
responsible for assisting programs related to return and recovery within the area of responsibility as below
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Lead the roll out of community engagement and resilience building activities tied to endorsed areabased
2. Mapping of community assets including the management and mobilization of human assets identified.
3. Ensure community participatory feedback mechanisms and accountability to affected populations
during project planning, implementation, and closure.
4. Leads the application of community-based standards, operational procedures and practices at the field
5. interlocutor with government counterparts at local levels, partners and technical leads to develop and
implement integrated strategies that address key priorities.
6. Leads the roll out of assessment and planning community consultative activities and ensure the
consolidation of information to relay back to operations team.
7. Provide field-based reporting related to C.E activities.
8. ln coordination with Senior Community Engagement Assistant and Team Leader, responsible for the
roll out of outreach and awareness raising activities. And mobilization and support in the identification
of livelihood beneficiaries.
9. Coordination with CRC C.E colleagues during community-based CRC activities.
10. Support the roll out of the Youth Civic Engagement pilot aimed at building youth engagement in
community self-management through the development of Youth Councils in select areas.
11. Coordinate with respective governmental interagency/ and NGO counterparts to ensure the roll out of
12. Develop creative engagement approaches for affected populations including youth, providing resilience
building opportunities in a wide range of activities and programs which influence their civic engagement
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female
candidates are especially encouraged, as well as the internal and external candidates are eligible to
apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, the internal candidates are considered as
capacity and encourages social and leadership development in the form of information, participation, &
13. Support platforms aimed at strengthening dialogue between youth and relevant governmental
stakeholders and local officials.
14. Support the roll out of Youth community plans, where youth participate in responding to community
15. Schedule activities, facilitate youth mobilization, organize youth coaching and mentoring sessions in
ways that allow for a transfer of skills and facilitate peer to peer knowledge generation.
16. Advocate with young people and their key stakeholders, organizing awareness raising and sensitization
activities to facilitate information dissemination on issues related to youth and to promote community
awareness on young people's contribution to community development and resource management.
17. Support in the mapping of assets & community networks/ CBOs/ & CSO and assist in the identification,
training, and supervision of Youth Council members.
18. Provide support as required for the implementation of other elements of field team activity including
those related to livelihoods and engineering.
19. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
University degree in social sciences, from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in social projects/community stabilization though a gender
point and experience with international organization is an advantage.
Knowledge of local governance in post-conflict contexts, and of gender and inclusion strategies.
Experience in conflict/ emergency zones and in working in a high-risk environment.
Experience in liaising with governmental authorities and local communities, as well as national and
Proficiency in office applications, including Word and Excel, AutoCAD and internet explorer.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Any other language is an asset.
Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
Shares knowledge and experience.
Positive, constructive attitude.
Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a
minimum of comfort.
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of
sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.