Job Information Technical Assistant – Infrastructure NGO InformationJob Information
Contract Duration 11 months
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Degree Title Assistant
Minimum Experience 1 Year
Required Travel 75%Job Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2021-04-08
Deadline Date 2021-04-22Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Organize and lead technical needs assessments, focus group discussions, contractor meetings, and technical discussions with stakeholders.
- Organize and lead the supervision and monitoring contractor’s work, works carried out by Daily/Incentive labor and/or repairs done by the beneficiaries themselves.
- Prepare the production of site level BoQs and BoQ amendments. Collaborate with Project Coordinator and Project Officers on development of standardized BoQs.
- Participate in Preparing project level scope of work and prepare site/unit level Scope of Work.
- Track and record information related to project beneficiaries, handle requests and complaints in regards to technical aspects of implementation as directed by Project Coordinator and M&E unit.
- Carry-out field level coordination with contractors and/or Daily/Incentive Labor in areas of project implementation.
- Establish strong working relationship with targeted communities including local leaders and identification of community focal points and relevant government departments.
- Contribute to data collection, documentation and reporting of infrastructure activities.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line manager.
How To Apply
- Post-secondary technical education or higher in engineering, architecture, construction management or equivalent.
- At least two-year experience in a technical responsible position in an NGO (preferred), or in an International company.
- Proven experience in developing and following through on technical implementation of construction project.
- Experience in documenting progress of construction related activities.
- Experience in monitoring construction activities/contractors ensuring that technical standards are adhered to during implementation.
- Experience in developing BoQs, BoQ Amendments, Scope of Work, Technical specifications of materials and construction activities.
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in coordinating the technical aspects of implementation activities carried out by contractors.
- Knowledge of the context in (Iraq) specifically in regards to the technical aspects of the infrastructure needs in the area of implementation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel and CAD. Knowledge of Microsoft Project and other design programs is a plus.