Job Information Technical Assistant – Agriculture NGO InformationJob Information
Contract Duration 11 Months
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Degree Title Assistant
Minimum Experience 2 Year
Required Travel 75%Job Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2021-04-08
Deadline Date 2021-04-22Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Data collection for household level assessments and market assessments.
- Assist the Project officer in organizing and delivering safe and secure distribution events, trainings and community events.
- Assess training needs for project beneficiaries in all areas of targeted agriculture / horticulture value chains development such as agro-business development, agricultural livelihoods and quality management through regular consultations with relevant institutions and stakeholders.
- Provide implementation support to AMAL project activities including training sessions, distributions, monitoring and support to incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards.
- Document technical issues and feedback from beneficiaries and channel to the relevant AMAL project Officer and Coordinator.
- Regularly travel to the field to support and monitor different activities such as farmer field schools, extension services, producer groups throughout the seasonal calendar.
- Liaise with support departments including Logistics, Finance and other departments as appropriate.
- Organize and facilitate fto conduct Focus Group Discussions, household surveys, and Key Informant Interviews with project beneficiaries.
- Provide technical guidance and backstopping to all actors involved with AMAL’s identified plant-based value chain development activities (incl. horticulture).
- Establish strong working relationship with targeted communities including local leaders and identification of community focal points, relevant government departments as well as other agricultural actors in the operational areas.
- Contribute to data collection, documentation and reporting.
- Any other tasks required by the line manager.
How To Apply
- Sound technical knowledge in the fields of 1. agriculture / farming / horticulture, 2. business economics / business development and 3. developing and overseeing trainings
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Overall good knowledge of geography, local population and local language in the areas of operational interests.
- Ability to show leadership in a multi-cultural team.
- Fluency in Arabic both spoken and writing and medium-level in English.
- Competencies in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Good understanding of community participation, and very good ability to communicate with beneficiaries.
- Ability to manage (sometimes) high workloads for a limited time and meet deadlines.