Jobs By Governorates
Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF-H is currently recruiting for a WATSAN SUPERVISOR, in Hawija/ Abbasi to support the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) team, implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excretes disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project;
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities;
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
- Ensuring team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the MTL in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Ensure data collection and reporting as required.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- The Watsan supervisor position is overall responsible to:
- Ensure the identification of WASH needs in health facilities and the timely implementation of interventions in close coordination with the medical team
- Report WASH needs of the project to the MTL and propose interventions to prevent WASH related morbidities in the camp and nosocomial infections in the health facilities
- Supervise the construction of Water and Sanitation facilities in health structures in compliance to the minimum WHS requirements and standards
- Implement and monitor the quality of health care waste management procedures and standards
- Centralize information related to the implementation of WASH standards in all MSF supported health facilities
- Monitor the progress of WHS activities in all project areas/sites
- Prepare project designs and BOQs
- Liaise with Logistics and Finance for resources to implement WASH activities
- Ensure timely submission of supply and material requests with correct quantities and specifications
- Prepare/monitor purchase orders according to logistical, medical and administrative needs, according to the procedures
- Ensure reception of arriving supplies and materials and technical validations vis a vis requests / orders
- Plan and (timely) request for WHS human resources in respect to the projects, when needed
- Manage and coach water and sanitation related staffs and daily workers in the projects (if applicable)
- Provide WHS briefings to all relevant staff
- Provide monthly report to MTL; monitor 4/8/12M Sanitary Surveillance Form (SSF)
- Report WHS-related neglect, rights abuses etc. to MTL and provide relevant data in case of advocacy
- Contribute to the development of project proposals, budgets, and/or work plans
- Liaise with other WASH actors
- Conduct regular training for medical staff regarding hygiene and medical waste segregation including prepare and update training materials and validate from Watsan advisor in collaboration with the IPC supervisor.
- Prepare an SoP for WatSan activities
- Implement and update the destruction of expired medical supply policy accordingly.
- Monitoring and ensure hygiene practices in health structures and act to fill any gaps.
- Oversee the quality and the timelines for implementing the WASH strategy for the regular plan
- When needed, provide support to coordination office in routing WatSan related activities (IRS, planning for Watsan materials and equipment, eprep stock review etc) and in case of mission level assessments or emergency response.
- 6 months fixed term contract with possibility to extend
- Intended start date: April, 2023
- Location: Hawija/ Abbasi
- Department: Medical
- Number of positions: 1
- Activity rate: 100%
Technical diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
Previous experience in technical works and organising of multiple activities, prefer-ably within MSF or similar work environment
Mission language and local language/dialects
- People management L1
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Team work and Cooperation L2
- Behavioral Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Kindly fill the below link: https://forms.office.com/e/0zUP7wX9jY
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please submit any relevant certificate.
- Preference will be given to local candidates
- DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION: Thursday 06th April 2023 (5:00pm)