About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking, including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, aftercare services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Training & Education Technical Advisor: The Training & Education Advisor will provide technical expertise and leadership to support SEED's Training & Education programs, aiming to enhance qualitative services for vulnerable and conflict-affected Iraqis including survivors of torture, trafficking (TIP), and gender-based violence (GBV), persons with disabilities and members of minority religious and ethnic communities across the KRI. The Education & Training Advisor will be responsible for strengthening the quality of the SEED’s education programs working with universities and local partners, SEED’s training and capacity building programs for service providers and government actors, as well as internal training programs for SEED staff. The Training & Education Advisor coordinates the development of the programs with subject matter experts, in close collaboration with the Training Program Manager. The Education & Training Advisor will ensure that the training programs are of a high didactical standard in order to build capacity, skills and knowledge among participants. The Training & Education Advisor will report to the Technical Department Director and work closely with the GBV, MHPSS and CP Technical Advisors, and collaboratively with Program Directors and Program Managers across SEED.
Technical Leadership and Training & Education Program Development (35%)
- Provides input for the education and/or training part of new proposals and programs
- Develop and design new training and education programming, by creating a detailed outline of the program, detailed learning outcomes and a detailed outline for every module or training session in the program
- Design the education and training based on the context of the program, the characteristics of the participants and the learning gaps that were identified
- Provide input to the set-up of the assessment for participants in order to identify the learning gaps for both internal and external trainings
- Develop needed tools, guidelines and protocols, and harmonize across all SEED’s internal and external Education and Training Programs to support smooth implementation
- Oversee the technical and didactical delivery of training
- Build capacity of SEED trainers and coaches to ensure high quality didactical training delivery
- Monitor and coach trainers on their didactical approach and give feedback
Development and review of training materials (40%)
- Review, develop, and update the existing training curricula, training materials, and manuals for participants and trainers
- Coordinate the search for relevant existing SEED materials for new programs in coordination with the program officer
- Coordinating the review of existing materials and/or development of new materials for every module or training sessions with the Technical Advisor(s) and other experts
- Reviewing the materials and bringing them together in the training and education program, ensuring the unity and didactical quality of the training or education
- Providing the program officer with input on the development of training manuals for teacher and participants
MEAL and communications (10%)
- Support program M&E, including the development of tools, to ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback
- Assist in the design of monitoring and evaluation measures for the training program and lead implementation of data collection and analysis, with support from SEED’s MEAL staff, to ensure an effective training program
- Make recommendations for program development and course correction
- Support quality reporting
Coordination and Organizational Representation (15%)
- Lead SEED’s Center for MHPSS, training center, and ensure strong coordination with the existing boards
- Establish an effective website for SEED’s training programs
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide training for external audiences, as requested
- Provide content and input on communications materials including website, promotional materials, and social media, and ensure it complies with SEED's storytelling policy
- Master's degree in Education
- Five years+ experience as a trainer or educator, preferably focusing on adult learning
- Two years overseeing Training and Education programs in international settings; Iraq or Middle East experience strongly preferred
- Strong experience in developing Training and Education programs and building capacity of others in delivering strong didactic trainings
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills
- Strong ability to work independently
- High standard of spoken and written English; Kurdish or Arabic desirable
- Good computer skills, experience with Google Drive Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Salary, benefits, and allowances dependent on skills and qualifications
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Training & Education Advisor, Erbil” as the subject of your email.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.