IOM Iraq was established in 2003, and has built a strong network of staff, offices and logistics capacity. With more than 1,500 staff and main offices in Baghdad, Erbil, and Basra and 16 sub-offices in key locations, IOM works in cooperation with the Government of Iraq to provide support across all of Iraq’s 18 governorates. IOM works in partnership with UN agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Community Service Organizations (CSOs) as a member of the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) for Iraq.
Within its Health Migration Division (MHD) framework, IOM delivers and promotes comprehensive, immediate, and long-term preventive and curative health programs which are beneficial, accessible, and equitable for migrants, mobile population and other vulnerable and hard to reach populations. IOM works within existing health framework and with government authorities and Health, WASH, and Protection cluster coordination mechanism. IOM provides travel health assessments, emergency life-saving assistance and health system strengthening which has been disrupted by long term conflict, distance, and other accessibility issues.
IOM supports the Ministry of Health and works closely with the Departments of Health at the governorate level, UN agencies, and other health actors, to strengthen disease surveillance, case management, infection prevention and control, and risk communication and community engagement to reduce disease transmission in Iraq.
Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM)/DCoM, the overall supervision of the Migration Health Head of Division and the Migration Health Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Medical Commodities Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing administrative, finance, logistics, and human resource-related risks.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Keep staff members informed of directives, reports, status updates and other relevant information, and brings sensitive and urgent matters to the Programme Manager’s attention.
- Coordinate with Medical Commodities Officer, Program Assistants, Team Leaders, and the Procurement and Logistics team to prepare and follow up on requests to ensure goods are received and delivered on time and avoid delay in the implementation of activities.
- Guide and supervise operations and program assistants on medical commodities management and propose improvements to supply chain procedures.
- Consolidate and review monthly inventory tracking and quantification of needs, with field teams and warehouse staff where needed to monitor consumption and avoid stock-outs.
- Regularly review stock management practices in the central warehouse in Erbil and in sub-offices, supported health facilities, and field locations.
- Follow up on the documentation process of medical commodities and assets including invoices, goods received notes, and donation acceptance forms, in line with IOM’s procurement manual.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures and guidelines on medical commodities management and conduct trainings for field teams.
- Liaise with Humanitarian Access Focal Point in KRI and Baghdad to facilitate commodities transportation.
- Ensure that all shipments of medical commodities are adequately labeled including with visibility materials.
- Prepare reports on medical commodities as needed.
- Undertake duty travels related to project implementation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- University degree in nursing, pharmacy, health sciences or related filed from accredited academic institution with 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 6 years relevant professional experience.
- Relevant administrative and logistical experience. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), Accounts software and other office equipment.
- Experience in international organizations, especially UN organizations, is preferred
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems. Specialized trainings in procurement, human resource or finance are desirable.
- Proven experience in record keeping, reporting and project implementation,
- Ability to coordinate project activities with input from colleagues and external partners for the achievement of results,
- Personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency and flexibility and
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Previous experience with IOM or International Organization
- Good level of computer literacy
- English, Kurdish and Arabic are required.
- Any other language is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and ensures that the contribution of others is recognized.
- Helps create a positive team spirit, putting aside personal considerations to help the team achieve its goals.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs.
- Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Aligns projects with Organization’s mission and objectives and demonstrates a good understanding of the impact of team’s and own work on external and internal counterparts.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Disseminates and shares knowledge openly and actively contributes to knowledge/network communities for topics relevant to area of expertise.
- Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Builds networks for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas and puts others into contact with various sources of knowledge.
- Contributes to an environment that is conducive to innovation and learning.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Proactively seeks responsibility in delivering towards the goals of the Organization.
- Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Stands by the actions of team or department, publicly accepting ownership.
- Takes responsibility of own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
- Listens and seeks to understand without bias, and responds appropriately.
- Shares information and keeps others up to date; actively seeks others' views and ideas and respects their contribution.
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.