Under the overall supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the Protection activities in the respecting location of implementation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide protection case management services through provision of information and counselling to migrants in vulnerable situations through a protection centered case management approach.
- Identify protection needs and vulnerabilities of migrants in vulnerable situations and timely and safely refer cases in need of further support to specialized protection services.
- Assist beneficiaries with provision of reintegration by using the appropriate tool and methods by developing an individual reintegration plan.
- Support implementation of family tracing and assessment according to IN/208.
- Timely update data collection tools (MIMOSA) to track the status of implementation of each case.
- Support the Senior Protection Assistant in conducting monitoring visits (remote and/or in person) to assess status of reintegration support according to IOM Monitoring and Evaluation framework and tools.
- Maintain confidential beneficiaries’ files and information tracker according to IOM data confidentiality.
- Procure and perform logistic activities according to IOM procedures and regulations to ensure provision of services and in-kind assistance.
- Ensure gender and protection mainstreaming within all project
- Undertake duty travel as
- Perform any of duties as may be
- Bachelor’s degree in law, social science or any other related filed from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 2 years of work experience in the field of migration and/or protection.
- Experience in working with mixed migrant population on protection and direct assistance.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of actors, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds, government and authorities, humanitarian actors (UN agencies and NGOs).
- Computer literacy and skills with specific proficiency in Microsoft
- Reliable, efficient, high level of professionalism, organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict
- Good analytical skills, strong eye for detail and
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.