Duties and Responsibilities
Programme Management – Financial, Administrative ..
• Lead the project team whether staff and short-term consultants, in both substantive and operational issues ensuring optimization of human and financial resources and nurturing a culture of results with highest performance standards;
• Undertake day-to-day management of the programme, including effective programme implementation and documents progress towards the achievement of outputs;
• Manage the programme budget and facilitate budget approvals and revision processes as per EMMA policies and procedures;
• Ensure appropriate recording and accounting documentation as required by EMMA and preparation of required financial reports. Facilitate transparent financial management of the programme that is able to stand up to regular audits and evaluation;
• Approve requisitions, and follow up on purchase orders and payment requests in EMMA and other relevant systems, and ensure monthly delivery of programme outputs;
• Prepare work plans, produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by EMMA and donor reporting systems;
• Ensure that EMMA rules and regulations concerning finance, procurement and human resources are adhered to; and,
• Support an environment of learning for staff within the programme.
Programme Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Develop the necessary strategic documents concerning programme planning and implementation, such as policy papers, concept notes, etc.;
• Provide strategic advice, direction and direct technical input to EMMA Head of Crisis Prevention and Recovery Unit on recovery and sustainable livelihoods issues in Darfur while keeping him/her informed of emerging issues;
• Ensure programme assessments are undertaken and relevant baseline data collected so programme monitoring and evaluation can take place;
• Oversee the establishment of the monitoring and evaluation plan of the Programme and ensure its implementation;
• Ensure a management information system is established, which allows the efficient and effective collection, storage and analysis of data throughout the program, including sex and age-disaggregated data where relevant;
• Guide the development of the program’s communication strategy in close collaboration with relevant partners;
• Ensure gender is integrated and mainstreamed throughout the program outputs;
• Develop Terms of Reference for program consultants/experts hired on a short-term basis and ensure the proper delivery of technical services and submission of technical and other reports;
• Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in program -implementation so that the process is inclusive, participatory and transparent;
• Ensure proper coordination of the program implementation among implementing partners and with government ministries and administrations;
• Ensure sustainability of the program intervention by promoting leadership and ownership of the program implementation by the government and through proper capacity building;
• Ensure the timeliness and quality of the outputs as well as timely preparation of reports on achievements and challenges faced within the project;
• Ensure delivery of resources and results according to planned targets;Advocacy, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization:
1- Researching, writing, and organizing proposal in a professional and credible manner.
2- Attending in meetings and identifying opportunities for proposal writing.
3- Editing and revising proposal ideas according to feedback.
4- Maintaining consistency in proposal drafting by adhering to organiztion guidelines
5- Working with the design team to create project idea and images.
Required Skills and Experience
Experience in results-based management, monitoring and evaluation;
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their resumes attached electronically to email@example.com with indicating the position they are applying for in the subject of the email.
Email subject must read (Program Manager).
- Email without vacancy title will not be considered. Email after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Women only is candidate for this job.
The deadline for applying is 31st of Jan. 2023