GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Ramadi and under the supervision of the Area Manager in Baghdad, the Office Supervisor is responsible of overseeing security, administrative and logistics aspects of his/her base in close coordination with HI office in Baghdad and in compliance with internal and donor procedures. He/She will provide the necessary support to program teams in Anbar to ensure smooth running of operations.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DECRIPTION
Objective 1: Security, Liaison & external coordination
- Undertake Field Security Officer responsibilities in his area (constant monitoring, regular analysis, ensuring implementation of rules, immediate reporting of incidents)
- In liaison with the Area Manager and Security Manager, contribute to update local safety rules and plan
- In liaison with the Area Manager and Security Manager, supervise the assessment of new areas/roads
- Represent HI before relevant local authorities and stakeholders when requested
- Participate in relevant coordination fora in Anbar and South Central Iraq
Objective: Internal coordination and HR management at base level
- Ensure clear, regular and effective communication with office in Baghdad.
- Participate in the recruitment and line manage staff under direct supervision (attendance, appraisal, training needs and support) and liaise with functional managers on a regular basis.
- Ensure HI’s Human resources standards and procedures are implemented within the base in collaboration with Baghdad HR Officer
- Ensure compliance with cross-sector policies (Child Policy, safeguarding and institutional policies)
Objective 3 Operation & strategy
- Report regularly on the humanitarian context (actors’ presence and services, ongoing needs assessments) and ensure liaison with other humanitarian actors
- Support the development of HI activities in the area
- Support the implementation of surveys and assessments as requested.
- Contribute to the development of HI response and strategy in the area of intervention, including suggestion to adapt HI modalities of intervention.
Objective 4 Admin & Logistics
- In coordination with the relevant officers in Baghdad, ensure logistic and administrative activities are carried out in compliance with HI and donor policies and standards
- Upon request of logistics department, contribute to the procurement process (supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, collection of quotations, contract signature…);
- Supervise the fleet and premises management at base level and report to Logistics department on a regular basis;
- Manage cash for the sub-base as per HI’s regulation, record all expenses and consolidate all justification documents to be provided to Baghdad Office on a regular basis;
- Provide support to HR related tasks for the sub base, upon request of the HR officer of Baghdad base (recruitment, appraisals, time sheets, leave follow up…)
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The working hours are the following:
Sunday till Thursday, from 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break, the work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
Line Manager: Area Manager
Supervision: Watchman, cleaners and drivers
Operational link: Project Managers, Project officers, Finance/HR/Log officers
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible management experience in development, early recovery and/or humanitarian projects.
- Proven experience in managing logistics, procurement, administrative and/or financial functions.
- Relevant university qualification; advanced degree is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Computer, particularly Word, Excel, power point and outlook skills.
- Strong communications and reporting skills, with excellent verbal and written English
- Commitment to Team work and strong interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work in autonomy
- Management and supervision skills
- Well-organised and capable of prioritising tasks
- Result oriented, attention to details and larger overview, multi-tasking
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
7th Mar 2021
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Ref: HI-IRQ –BGD-OS–555
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted