Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-H is currently recruiting for a Mental Health Supervisor, in Hawija/ Abbasi.
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, group, family) to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistics linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
- Focuses on ensuring program delivery is of service excellence by supporting the Community Mental Health Workers (CMHWs) and Counsellors Educators (CEs) with adherence to evidence-based practice
- Development of psychosocial activities and educational material
- Implement educational campaigns to increase awareness of the targeted population to promote prevention and treatment of mental health in project area, in collaboration with Mental Health Activity Manager
- -Assists in training/coaching the mental health team on, among other things: basic counselling skills, psychological first aid, psycho-education, case management, signs and symptoms of stress, MH disorders, etc.
- Assisting and training staff members and other actors whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology, confidentiality and behavior during sessions.
- Ensures proper referrals of MH and Psychiatric patients.
- Assists MHAM in further enhancing MHPSS networking and mapping of available resources
- Assists MHAM on providing case supervision for counselors educators
- Assists in any other way/capacity as per identified needs in the mission or project. For example, assessment, emergency response
- Participate in conducting MH related surveys/studies in the project.
- Keep inventory of MH materials and prepare supply requests (printing, stationary, etc.)
- Prepare monthly staff roster in accordance to the department needs.
- Additional Requirements
- Planning capabilities
- Organisational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently
- Ability to engage in managerial role and maintain a clinical case load
- Fix term contract if non DOH staff is hired and service agreement if DOH staff is hired (applicants working with government institutions must provide unpaid leave/Non objection certificate before any selection decision made by MSF).
- Intended start date: February, 2022
- Location: Hawija/ Abbassi
- Department: Medical
- Activity rate: 100%
Bachelor degree in Psychology is essential, Clinical Psychology is strongly preferred. A Master degree is an added advantage..
Psycho-social counselling working experience of at least 2 years.
Local languages and mission language essential.
• People Management.
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation and any relevant certificates) to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject “Mental Health Supervisor”)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit any relevant certificate.
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION: Sunday 23rd January 2022 (10:00am)