Jobs By Governorates
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the line management of the Medic Supervisor the Medic is part of the Clearance and Survey Teams conducting Land Release and Mine Action activities in the operations project areas. The Clearance and Survey component of the project involves the location and removal of Explosive Ordnance (EO); marking of Suspected and Confirmed Hazardous Areas (SHA/CHA) and delivering Risk Education spot safety messages to persons at risk of the dangers of EO who are living, traveling or working close to the hazardous areas. The Medic is tasked to assist the project by providing medical support, casualty treatment and evacuation in the event of a site accident. Medical support is one of the key services which must be in place while conducting mine action operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DECRIPTION
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the line management of the Medic Supervisor the Medic is part of the Clearance and Survey Teams conducting Mine Action activities in the operations project areas.. The Clearance and Survey component of the project involves the location and removal of Explosive Ordnance (EO); marking of Suspected and Confirmed Hazardous Areas (SHA/CHA) and delivering Risk Education spot safety messages to persons at risk of the dangers of EO who are living, traveling or working close to the hazardous areas. The Medic is tasked to assist the project by providing medical support, casualty treatment and evacuation in the event of a site accident. Medical support is one of the key services which must be in place while conducting mine action operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DECRIPTION
- Participate in and Conduct medical training in accordance with HI SOPs
- Follow initial and refresher training as requested by line manager; request refresher training and guidance any time.
- Provide medical training for the team or any other staff member (first basic aid), as directed by the Medic Supervisor, and requested by the Chief of Operations.
- Participate actively in CASEVAC drills to demonstrate your abilities to manage with emergencies in respect of the procedures.
- Promote preventive measures to prevent the contraction of any disease or illness and a high standard of personal and field hygiene to the teams.
- Ensure the correct preparation, use and maintenance of medical equipment
- Maintenance and care for the team medical equipment, medical supplies and all other equipment within the project.
- Daily count for the use of the medical equipment ensuring that the items correspond with the list in the SOP’s.
- Regularly update the Medic Supervisor on the state of her/his medical equipment, requesting in advance the replacement medical supplies required to ensure they arrive in plenty of time and that operations are not affected by time expired or lack of the correct items.
- Report to the NMC and Team Leader on any deficiencies and medical logistical requirements in a timely fashion,
- Ensure Ambulances are fully prepared for use (O2 bottles fully charged, all drugs and medications are in date.
- Provide medical Support to the clearance and survey operations at HI sites
- Ensure that HI Medical protocols are implemented during the clearance operations.
- To assist with any medical evacuation as required.
- In any accident prioritize the relevant lifesaving protocols that are required to effectively treat the casualty.
- Under the direction of the Medic Supervisor, maintain appropriate medical staff records as per HI procedures.
- Ensure that the medical evacuation plan for a clearance task site is understood, maintained and updated as appropriate, in cooperation with the Medic Supervisor.
- Responsible in conjunction with the Medic Supervisor for the coordination between HI and external medical facilities.
- Check the evacuation road at least once a week to verify that there are no road work’s or road closures that will affect the CASEVAC journey.
- Any other duties as required by the Medic Supervisor to ensure that high standard of hygiene, clean accommodation, work areas and the welfare of the staff.
- Maintaining high standards of medical services for all staff for the duration of the project.
- Ensure proper collection and maintenance of medical reports
- Ensure the reporting and archiving of site and team medical documents.
- Ensure the availability and the proper use of HI forms.
- Ensure that the correct forms are completed and submitted for lost or damaged equipment as necessary and that such losses are reported to the TFM and Medic Supervisor.
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of HI resources and correct behaviour with colleagues in respect of internal staff regulations and admin and logistics procedures.
- Respect team and staff welfare and discipline; act as a role model in terms of attitude, work ethic and general behaviour.
- Agree and comply with HI ethical policies and principles.
- Respect working hours and attendance rules.
- General Duties and other tasks:
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation at work.
- Demonstrate willingness for self-improvement, knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities.
- Respect each team member’s position, work, and specialty.
- Adapt and respond positively to special situations or demands from any supervisory staff.
- Any other tasked as directed by the Medic Supervisor, Team Leader, TFM or Chief of Operations.
AFFECTATION BASE AND HERARCHICAL RELATIONSHIP:
Base: Salah Al Din
Supervisor: Medic Supervisor
Head of Department: Chief of Operations.
Management responsibility: Nil
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
- Qualified Emergency Trauma Medic
- Qualified and registered Nurse
- Qualified Paramedic.
- Fluency in Arabic (speaking, reading and writing) is required.
- Very good working knowledge of English (intermediate in speaking, reading and writing) is an advantage.
- General computer and general training skills.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Able to operate different means of communication (Radio’s, Satellite phone, etc).
- Be able to work in a safe manner and as per SOPs.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values
How to apply:
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter so as to reach on or before
04th Apr 2023
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
CVs that are sent as photo, screen shot or by link will not be considered.
المنظمة الدولية للإعاقة مؤسسة تمنح فرص عمل متكافئة للجميع وتولي اهتماما خاصا بطلبات التوظيف المقدمة من قبل الأشخاص ذوي الإعاقة
يرجى من المتقدمين ارسال سيرهم الذاتية إضافة الى رسالة إحالة في موعد أقصاه
04 نيسان 2023
سيتم دراسة الطلبات التي تتوافق مع التعليمات أعلاه فقط وسيتم تجاهل الطلبات الأخرى تلقائيا
يرجى كتابة العنوان أدناه في شريط العنوان او الموضوع في الايميل بشكل واضح:
لن يتم النظر الى طلبك في حال لم يحتوي شريط الموضوع او العنوان في ايميلك على العنوان أعلاه
يرجى ارسال كافة الطلبات الى الايميل أدناه:
سيتم الاتصال فقط بالمرشحين الذين يجتازون التصفية الأولية
لن يتم النظر في السير الذاتية التي يتم ارسالها كصورة أو عن طريق رابط.