MdM has been working in Iraq since the 1990s. During its first mission in the country, MdM was providing general and specialized medical services (surgery, training programs for traditional birth attendants). Since then MdM had several programs which included paediatric surgery, contributing to the renewal of techniques and knowledge of surgical, medical and paramedical staff in 1997, emergency medical activities in 2002, building local capacity on basic emergency healthcare services at community level in 2006. From 2009 to 2011, MdM supported an Iraqi NGO in the implementation of a program aimed at improving the skills of midwives and traditional birth attendants in accordance with recognized international standards.
In 2014, with the arrival of ISIL, MdM started to provide immediate healthcare support through curative and preventive care including MHPSS services to IDPs and host communities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I). Later, MdM expanded its support to the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities outside of the KR-I region, in Kirkuk Governorate in July 2015, and in Ninewa Governorate in April 2016. Since 2018, MdM has developed a program where activities are gradually handed over to the MoH.
The current program focuses on supporting the local health authorities in providing quality PHC services (including MHPSS and GBV response) and continue to strengthen the capacities of local public health authorities in Dohuk, Kirkuk and Ninewa governorates, to provide quality care and respond to health needs of IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities.
- A combination of direct and complementary services, especially related to general health, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), while contributing to the health system strengthening through capacity building at DOH (Directorate of Health) level
- Mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS),
- Gender based violence (GBV) integrated within the PHCC general health services, SRH and MHPSS services
- As a cross cutting approach MdM is planning to develop a community health based (CHB) approach to ensure community participation, while empowering individuals.
- In 2020, with the start of the pandemic of COVID 19, MDM Iraq adjusted its program activities, to respond to the immediate needs of the most vulnerable populations due to COVID-19 outbreak while extending its support to additional areas of intervention. The COVID-19 activities targeted the DoH staff at the PHC level and surrounding communities with the aim to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
Taking the current context of Iraq into consideration the MdM Iraq team reviewed it’s the strategy and expects 2021 to be a transition year from a humanitarian approach to a more development approach, from the health promotion perspective. MdM Iraq has identified four main pillars to guide the strategy between 2021-2023:
- Community Health Based Approach,
- Capacity-building at the DoH level,
- Partnership with local NGOs and
The aim is to strengthen the resilience and capacity of the local community. MDM Iraq also aims to develop projects together in partnership with the local community aiming at a sustainable, effective and innovative change building on the capacities of an empowered community supporting future exit.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Officer in Erbil; the logistic assistant will support in asset managemnet, procurement, office and guesthouse maintenance and IT management.
The Logistic assistant reports directly to logistic officer in Erbil
S/he directly supervises:
- 2 x cook cleaners
- Asset managemnet
- Updating asset files
- Registration of new asset this includes tagging, registering and reporting
- Ensure all staff sign a responsibility note when receiving equipment (laptop, visibility…)
- Register and ensure all staff sign when receiving office or guesthouse keys
- Conduct monthly inventory of assets and equipment and maintain proper documentation
- Collect quotations according to MDM procedures
- Upon reception of the goods, responsible for checking the quantity, state and content of packages received in comparison with the Order or Goods Received.
- If irregularities upon reception (missing or damaged packages or products, product errors, etc.) appeared, note them and inform promptly the Logistics officer.
- Maintenance of the Office and guesthouse
- Supervise cleanliness of office and expat guesthouses by cleaners
- Follow up timely repairs and maintenance
- Follow up the needs for cleaning supplies in office and guesthouses
- IT management
- Check all existing laptops ion functioning and register in asset list if functional, need for repairs or disposal
- Follow up and ensure the installation of Antivirus on each laptop.
- Follow up and ensure having appropriate window and office on each laptop.
- Provide IT support and troubleshooting where necessary.
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
- Diploma in computer science
- Diploma in Logistic or relevant related field.
- At least 1-year relevant professional experience in logistics
- At least 1-year experience in IT managemnet
- Experience in humanitarian work or a related field is an asset
Skills and qualities required
- Extensive knowledge and experience in IT managemnet
- Computer skills (word and excel)
Required Personal Characteristics and skills
- Accurate working
- Able to get work done in the allocated time
- Team spirit
- Trustworthiness and rigor
- Willingness to learn and quick learner
- English: Fluent
- Arabic: Fluent
- Kurdish: Fluent
- Position based in Erbil
- 3 months contract, based on an acute need in the mission (extension is depending on availability of funds and additional programs)
Submit CV and Cover letter by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
including the subject:
LAST SUBMISSION DATE ON April 14, 2021
please make sure to send your CV in PDF/word format (other formats or links arent considered) and write the reference (2021-ERB-05)on the subject of your email. Only Short-Listed Applicants Will Be Contacted Reviewing the application CVs will be on a rolling basis, as such; MdM reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the job advertisement.