Job Title: Logistics
Contract Duration: Mar 2021 to Dec 31st 2021 with possibility of extension
Working Hours: Full time
Duty Station: Sulaimaniyah
Project Name: Regakan-S21
Reporting to: Project Manager
Background: This project (REGAKAN - Paths of memory and emancipation in Northern Iraq) is funded by CEI (Conferenza Episcopale Italiana) which is the episcopal conference of the Italian bishops of the Catholic Church. The project objective is to promote job placement and economic development in the governorates of northern Iraq through the enhancement of emerging and not yet saturated sectors, mitigating the negative effects on the real economy of the confinement imposed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The expected outputs are; promote access to work for the resident population through training in the tourism sector and setting up a widespread hospitality network in the governorate of Sulaimaniyah, with the support of the monastery of Maryam Al-Adra, promote access to sites of particular cultural and environmental interest, promote access to work for the population residing in Erbil through specific trainings and internships in emerging sectors (humanitarian sector, new technologies). Tasks and Responsibilities The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of UPP project manager in Sulaimaniyah 1- Implementation, follow-up and ensuring compliance of financial and administrative procedures. 2- Planning and controlling and analyzing. 3- Abide by the logistics and procurement procedures 4- Ensure and build good relationships with vendors and owners. 5- Supervise the office items by conducting regular inventory. 6- Prepare logistic needs for the training and seminars such as stationary, refreshments, transportation. 7- Attend all the trainings and seminars of the project in case any urgent needs required. 8- Coordinate with finance and procurement department to accomplish the tasks as per UPP’s guidance. 9- Perform such other duties may be assigned by the project manager or head of office.
• University or diploma in Trade and Industry, Administration, Engineering or related fields
• At least 2 years’ experiences in logistics, procurement and supply chain management
• Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Ability to draft clearly and concisely;
• Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
• Ability to work under pressure
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
• Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
• Data analysis skills
Personal skills: 1. Flexibility, good communication and organizational skills. 2. Sense of responsibility, ability to work independently and as part of a team. 3. Highly approachable and trustworthy. 4. Readiness to listen to people, capacity to prioritize, open-mindedness and common sense. 5. Strong humanitarian motivation 6. Proactive attitude
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit: - A detailed CV in English language - A brief motivation letter Please indicate “Logistic Regakan" in the subject of the email. Interested candidates should email their application to: email@example.com