Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM)/DCoM, overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Associate Information Management Officer, the successful candidate will build new applications and/or enhance existing applications using C# .NET MVC, Jquery and Java Script which will be used by the mission along with other potential tools aiming to enhance processes within the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop solutions as assigned to integrate, centralize and automate data and information management within the program in IOM Iraq mission.
- Support in documentation for existing applications
- Contribute to current developed systems training plan preparation and delivery.
- Perform other research work on applications based on M365.
- Coordinate as necessary with the ICT Central team for piloting innovative software development solutions and procedures.
- Complete IM documentation including but not limited to Business Requirement Document, Business case Document, Project initiation Document, ICT Technical Architecture, Standard Operating Procedures, User Manual, Risk matrix, Application Redeployment Plan and Application Lifecycle.
- Participate in the ICT Technical Architecture reviewal process in coordination with the supervisor and Regional Information Management Officer as well as any other process required to verify compliance with IOM standards and security framework and facilitate the approval of developed applications.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related filed from accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 5 years relevant professional experience.
- Experience with developing web tools, systems and application using Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server specifically using MVC and entity framework
- Proficiency in developing and implementing visualization reports/dashboards with PowerBI.
- Anticipates and prepares response to changing IM needs of the relevant organizational unit
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results;
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and information;
- Capacity to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Previous work in UN or International Organization an advantage
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
- Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
- Proven skills in using C# .NET MVC and Entity Framework with at least 2 years of experience.
- Minimum one year of experience in systems analysis and development, data modelling and SQL programming
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic are required;
- Any other language is and advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.