Cesvi is an Italian NGO working for global solidarity. Cesvi operates worldwide to support the most vulnerable populations in promoting human rights and achieving their ambitions, for sustainable development.
Cesvi has been working in the Kurdish Region of Iraq since 2018, focusing on the sectors of livelihoods, cash assistance, and social cohesion.
Through the AICS-funded project “Promoting access to livelihoods and income stabilization for vulnerable IDPs, refugees and returnees families in Iraq” CESVI will support the most vulnerable sections of the population such as displaced persons, refugees and host communities, with emergency livelihoods and food security activities.
The FSL Community Mobilizer will work within the framework of the above-mentioned project.
Brief project profile
The project aims at improving vulnerable households’ short term socio-economic status through Cash for Work and Buffer Grants activities, while improving households’ food security levels through establishment of backyard gardens, and supporting farmers whose livelihoods have been affected by climate shocks.
The project target areas are within the Erbil Governorate, and the Governorate of Dohuk.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Mobilizer (CM) will be responsible for community engagement and empowerment of the beneficiaries in the assigned area through mobilization, awareness, and monitoring tasks. He/she will be responsible to ensure the active participation of the beneficiaries in specific FSL activities, such as mentorship sessions, training, Cash for Work, agriculture activities, and Buffer Grants. Furthermore, the Community Mobilizer will be in constant communication with the community, the beneficiaries, the Community Based Committees (CBCs) as well as other stakeholders established in the framework of the project activities, by providing them with relevant information on project activities, and on selection criteria.
Under the supervision and line management of the FSL Coordinator, the Community Mobiliser will:
- Mobilize communities and disseminate information about the project to promote community support;
- Work with the targeted communities and establish close relationships with them;
- Ensure relevant target groups are identified and informed of the planned events/sessions in advance;
- Conduct interviews and data collection under the supervision of the FSL Coordinator, or relevant technical staff as per specific request
- Collect data in a timely and thorough manner delivering high-quality assessments;
- Required good experience in the use of data collection tools, for instance, Kobo collect system for collecting data;
- Support the FSL Coordinator in all stages of the beneficiary selection process including verification;
- Timely and accurately report to the FSL Coordinator on challenges, and issues hampering the selection process;
- Under the supervision of the FSL Coordinator conduct interviews within the framework of the market assessment;
- Assist in the drafting of agreements with beneficiaries and explanation of the main points to the beneficiaries;
- Facilitate beneficiaries’ registration and wallet opening;
- Support the FSL Coordinator in supervising the disbursement phase;
- Monitor the work and achievements of the CFW and Buffer Grants beneficiaries;
- Perform PDM interviews as per FSL Coordinator instructions;
- Implement CFM mechanisms as per FSL Coordinator instructions;
- Assist Agriculture Experts in the distribution of agriculture inputs;
- Conduct Focus Group Discussion/dialogue sessions with beneficiaries and other community members;
- Performs any other task as per project needs.
Implementation of Safeguarding policies –Adult at risk/Child Safeguarding/PSEA
Fully complies with Security Plans and Protocols/SoPs and Code of Conduct.
Development of Cesvi's presence in the country
- Actively contribute to collecting information for a new needs assessment.
- Beneficiary management in the project areas.
Applications must be sent by email to email@example.com, submitting an updated CV and motivational letter in English. CVs must be dated and signed; 3 pages maximum.
The subject of the email must be: CM_Name_Surname
Closing date for applications: 16/07/2022
Note: Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For further information about CESVI, please consult our website https://www.cesvi.eu/
Following the first screening of CVs, eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview and a written test.