Under the general guidance of the Head, Peacebuilding and Stabilization Division, the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator (MHPSS), the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and direct supervision of the Senior MHPSS Assistant (Integration) in close coordination with the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Officer, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist facilitators of integrated services/ activities for the Graduation Approach Project.
- Assist in creating simple schedules for MHPSS activities under the Graduation Approach Project.
- Assist during activities to ensure everyone is comfortable and engaged.
- Assist facilitators for meetings with families.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the Senior MHPSS Assistant (Integration).
- Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy are maintained about confidential information.
- Assist Facilitators in working on a weekly plan.
- Provide logistic support for beneficiaries, trainers, and staff when needed.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Highschool completion with two years of relevant experience or;
- Primary school completion with 3 years of relevant experience (Exception).
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in humanitarian programs for returnee communities.
- Experience in implementation of activities and training.
- Experience with international organizations, INGO an advantage.
- Experience in coordinating with the local community for joint activities and cooperation
- Experience in communicating and working with the local community including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Appropriate field experiences, with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Appropriate field experiences in the target location with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
IOM IN/234 - Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.