The Field Officer responsible to organize and lead needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities, and supervise the beneficiary selection in accordance with the project selection criteria. the position is based in Nineveh - Sinjar.
- Organize and lead needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities
- Supervise the beneficiary selection in accordance with the project selection criteria
- Create Bills of Quantity and plans of shelter rehabilitations according to the Shelter Cluster standards and guidelines, during rehabilitation support beneficiaries with technical knowledge
- Assist the Project Coordinator in developing messaging around project implementation methodology, scope of work, selection criteria and any other related beneficiary project documents and supervise Field Assistants in the delivery of such messaging to beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Organize regular monitoring visits during and post-project implementation to monitor and document day-to-day works
- Supervise the work in technical issue and receipt the materials according to the contract by the supervisor’s team and daily field visits.
- Prepare, design, and oversee the BoQs for all construction works and ensure that the implementation is done according to the BoQs.
- Actively participate in developing work plans of the shelter and CVA activities.
- Ensure quality and safety of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative regulations and deadlines set.
- Track and record information related to follow up carried out by Project Assistants relating to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints as directed by Project Coordinator and M&E unit
- Coordinate with other stakeholders on the ground, including local authorities, other NGOs etc.
- Other tasks as assigned by the line manager or Head of Programmes.
- University degree in Architecture, Civil / Environmental Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, with a focus on planning, design, coordination and implementation of shelter projects in Iraq; work experience in Sinjar district is an advantage. Knowledge of CVA projects is an advantage.
- High level of initiative and proactive approach to building relationships.
- Knowledge of the context in Iraq specifically in regards to Shelter needs of conflict affected persons.
- Flexible and focused on identifying possibilities and solutions
- Experience in field level coordination with community stakeholders, local and international NGOs, and local government officials.
- Experience in conducting needs/vulnerability assessments and beneficiary selection processes.
IT and specific systems:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (or similar)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- ODK – Kobo
Location of job:
Sinjar, Ninawa, Iraq
Background: PEKAWA organization for humanitarian and environmental development organization is a non-governmental, non- political, and an independent community-based Organization, registered in Iraq. The organisation is committed to promoting community participation and sustainable development to improve the socio-economic, health and environmental status of the most disadvantaged in society especially women, children and youth.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state the job title in the subject line: Field Officer
The closing date for completed application forms is: 23/01/2022.