Jobs By Governorates
Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF-H is currently recruiting for a COUNSELOR EDUCATOR, in Hawija/ Abbasi to perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take part in trainings and activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Facilitating group activities (children and adults)
- Keeping space of work organized and good management of materials and files
- Assuring confidentiality of counselling process
- Strengthen referral network and cooperation with liaison partners
- Communicating all security information in a timely manner to line manager
- Because of the nature of the work in MSF contexts, big flexibility is required and any other duties/tasks asked by your supervisor(s)
- 6 months fixed term contract with no extension
- Intended start date: May 01st, 2023
- Location: Hawija/Abbasi
- Department: Medical
- Number of positions: 1
- Activity rate: 75%
Counseling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma desirable.
1 year experience in related area. Experience with NGO desirable.
Mission language and local language/dialects
Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- Kindly fill the below link: https://forms.office.com/e/kDVjq5FnxZ
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please submit any relevant certificates.
- Preference will be given to candidates from the local area
- DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION: Monday 04th April 2023 (5:00pm)