Field Coordinator "Building Peace and Stability in Iraq"
Al-Tahreer Association for Development (TAD) is a non –governmental organization that aims at spreading the tenets of democracy, peace, and human rights with a focus on Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE). TAD has been working in Iraq ever since 2003, starting its efforts in Nineveh and expanding to the remaining Iraqi governorates. The association has conducted many training programs, provided counseling, and implemented projects that support the building of democracy and civil society and promoting a culture of peace, and maintaining the relationship between individuals and diverse communities of Iraq.
The project targets in Anbar, Ninewa and Salah al Din and aims to support the return, promote peaceful, sustainable reintegration into society and ensure durable solutions for those most impacted by conflict and displacement. This will be achieved through ensuring access to justice and equal rights for all and building social cohesion and peaceful co-existence within the communities. Using a bottom-up approach, proposed interventions will be implemented at community, civil society, and institutional levels to minimize the many barriers to effective return, reintegration and rehabilitation. Thus, the field coordinator is expected to act. As the primary focal point in the targetd governorate and its associated targeted areas, contribute to effective planning and implementation of the project and report directly to the Project Manager and the Technical Advisor along with the M&E officer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist and support the Project Manager in planning, preparing and implementing project activities in the project targeted areas
- Prepare a monthly activity plan in coordination with the Project Manager and any other relevant actor (trainers, authorities, youth, stakeholders etc.)
- Ensure the daily project activities, including monitoring needs and requirements, in coordination with the Project Manager
- Identify project beneficiaries for project activities
- In coordination with the Project Manager, collect qualitative and quantitative data for conducting an actor mapping for the project’s targeted areas
- Provide support to Advisors (local and international), as well as trainers, in the implementation of their tasks
- In coordination with the Project Manager, Peacebuilding Advisor and M&E Officer, collect data and information necessary to set-up project activities and programming
- Support the Logistician in arrangements related to project activities
- Ensure information on the project’s activities are shared with communities and participants and report any feedback/suggestion from participants and communities to the project’s management
- Ensure coordination and collaboration with local stakeholders (youth both male and female, religious endowments, tribal and religious leaders, NGOs, CSOs, local authorities, etc.), and share information with local communities and stakeholders on the project activities as to ensure transparency and accountability
- Share information with the Project Manager and other relevant project staff on relationships among the different stakeholders and suggest possible venues of collaboration
- Collect weekly reports from the field and project beneficiaries on the activities implemented and ensure documents are prepared according to TAD procedures, in particular attendance sheets and any necessary supporting documents
- Compile, analyze and summaries data and records from the weekly reports from the field, under the supervision of the Project Manager, and M&E Officer
- Assist the Project Manager, and M&E Officer in preparing progress reports, as well as other reports requested
- Assist and support the M&E Officer and Media Officer by providing them with the necessary information regarding the different project activities
- Inform the Project Manager about any difficulty met by the project teams in the implementation of the project's activities
- In coordination with the Project Manager, arrange external and internal meetings and ensure minutes are timely prepared and shared with the Project Manager and other relevant staff/actors
- Support the Project Administrator in collecting and keeping records of expenses
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings and other events as requested
- Support the project with other relevant tasks as requested by the Project Manager.
Essential Skills :
- The ability to work as a team
- Technological Skills.
- Public Relations & Communication Skills.
- Analytical Skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve creatively and mitigate risks effectively.
Educational & Qualifications Requirements:
- A native of the region (Tuzkhurmato and Kirkuk)
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences and development or other relevant areas of study.
- Ability to use the computer and skills of Microsoft office and using E-mail.
- Ability to assess community needs and prioritize these needs.
- At least 3 years experience in the NGO sector.
- Ability to travel in the target province (Nineveh, Anbar and Salah Al Din).
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic language and good in English language.
Interested applicants must apply by submitting a CV and a cover letter specifically highlighting their eligibility for this position, which should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email should have 'Field Coordinator' as the subject of the email. Emails without having 'Field Coordinator' as their email subject, will not be considered.
Bids & Tenders
written on September 26, 2023, 5:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Enhancing the Communities Ability to Adapt and Face Shocks...
written on September 26, 2023, 9:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: English Language Courses for Students of The University of...
written on September 26, 2023, 8:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Greening Ankawa- A complete planting system -Trees and ins...
written on September 25, 2023, 4:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Tender Notice for Supply of Medical Equipment - Sinjar Fre...