Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Expert for Technical and Social Issues Focus: WASH (m/f)
in Sinuni and Sinjar Area– Governorate of Nineveh
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until February 28, 2022. The place of work will be in Sinjar– Governorate of Nineveh.
Implementation of project activities according to the specified deadlines and organisational, contractual and financial directives.
Depending on the specialist division, the Expert is responsible for carrying out procurement activities, implementing technical measures and / or implementing social components within the framework of the specified project assignment.
- Duties and area of responsibility
2.1. Duties with own area of responsibility
2.2 Duties without own area of responsibility
• Implementation of specialist workshops
• Consultancy regarding the introduction, rehabilitation or maintenance of technical equipment, regarding social issues or any other areas in the focus of this position.
• Helps ensure adherence to quality standards in relevant fields
• Management and maintenance of technical equipment, if applicable
• Instruction and training of national staff
• Monitoring of the inventory management of relief supplies (incoming/outgoing goods, regular stock checks, resupply) and their distribution to the target groups or project locations
• Documentation of relevant technical and procurement processes in accordance with the co-financing agreement or Welthungerhilfe directives (such as Assignment Allocation Regulation, AAR).
• Preparation of project progress reports
• Fulfillment of any other tasks which are assigned by the management and correspond in general with the character of this position
2.3 Specific Activities and duties of the position
To be filled in or described individually by the Country Director or immediate superior
- Organize the work site and ensure that it is well protected;
- Request and select appropriate materials from the supplier and monitor the quality of items delivered;
- Ensure the proper use of the tools required for each worksite;
- Supervise the loan of tools to daily workers;
- Ensure that materials and tools are in good condition and used properly and safely;
- Ensure the daily delivery of equipment and materials to the worksites;
- Organize and supervise daily workers to conduct construction and/or rehabilitation of agricultural infrastructure;
- Ensure the quality of the works implemented;
- Ensure work progress is according to the planned schedule;
- Train caretakers and community committee members in operation and maintenance of constructed agricultural infrastructure
1. Knowledge/ Qualifications
1.1 Professional/ formal qualification
Vocational training, on-the-job training, vocational school
1.2 Job-related professional experience
1 to 2 years' professional experience working in the global South
1.3 Foreign language skills
Ability to communicate in a world language
WHH considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The applicants should submit a cover letter and CV indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of responsibilities to the below link:
WHH has applied for a grant with our donors and is very confident to be awarded these funds.
It must be understood that an employment contract will only be given if the grant is awarded to WHH.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.