LOCATION: Erbil [mobile] (position holder is expected to rotate governorates; Anbar; Karbala; Al Diwaniyah
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Social Work and Gender Specialist will lead on providing backstopping and hands-on technical supervision and support for mainstreaming gender equality and women empowerment throughout all the project activities, while focusing on the establishment and operationalization of the OSICs. They will work within a Community Security and Integration Project (CSIP). The project aims to improve human security and stability in the targeted areas through a three-pronged approach; i) livelihoods and economic reintegration, ii) Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support Services (MHPSS), and iii) Establishment and operationalization of One-Stop-Information Centers (OSICs), including safe spaces for women.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the implementation of the activities conducive to the establishment of One-Stop-Information Centers (OSICs) in all targeted areas and that facilitate easy access to information on all available opportunities (e.g. training, jobs, business grants, community engagement etc.) and provide services (e.g. psycho-social services, referral services, workshops, etc.) for the beneficiaries and community members, while focusing on women, through physical safe spaces that can be organized in different ways. There should be spaces/rooms that respect privacy for women and girls. The OSIC should be also ensure easy accessibility for all, including elderly people and people with disability.
- Engage the potential partners to whom the OSICs might be handed over and build their capacity to continue the operationalization of the OSICs beyond the project timeline.
- Travel between project implementation locations in Anbar, Karbala and Al-Diwaniyah ensuring smooth project delivery.
- Work closely with Project Manager and related project staff on the identification of gender needs of communities and gaps in protection services within areas of intervention.
- Conducting awareness raising sessions with the community focused on gender equality initiatives that target gender norms and engages both men and women.
- Provide follow up and reporting on progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in any area of knowledge, preferably in development studies, business administration, economics, social sciences, gender studies.
- At least 3 years of experience in providing technical supervision and support for the establishment and operationalization of community services centers and/or safe spaces for women, (please mention in your CV or cover letter: titles, objectives, description, and duration of at least 2 similar projects that you were responsible for).
- Experience in conflict resolution and problem solving is an asset.
- Writing and verbal communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Right to live and work in Iraq, with the ability to travel within and outside KRI region.
- Willing to start work on short notice.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covering Letter indicating earliest date of availability.
- Details of 2 references.
Please put ‘Social Work and Gender Specialist’ in the email subject line. Note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply as soon as possible, CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.