Under the General guidance of the Head, Protection Division, the overall supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office and the direct supervision of the National Protection Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide support and guidance for the Protection teams in the related areas in ongoing operations.
- Regular visits to CSOs and provide technical support.
- Work closely with implementing partners, local authorities, area representatives and other stakeholders to identify areas, activities, and topics for IOM’s community-based protection interventions.
- Develop materials and deliver training to the IOM staff, CSOs, and other stakeholders on protection related topics.
- Maintain positive relationships with beneficiaries, local authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Identify and analyze the families/individual demands and needs through listening and dialogue, problems, and nature of expressed needs (health, education, work, finance, legal etc.) and refer to protection team for case management services.
- Organize thematic groups of discussions in the targeted villages/neighborhoods according to identified needs in villages/neighborhoods and in consultation with key informants and protection teams.
- Coordinate with the team members when referring cases for case management or externally for support outside of IOM capacities.
- Prepare materials needed for community-based protection interventions, including materials, visibility items etc.
- Prepare reports on the sessions conducted and map existing needs. Raise awareness on the Yezidi survivor law and other protection related topics.
- Carry out and coordinate administrative and logistical duties as required.
- Coordinate weekly team meetings with CSOs and provide the needed support.
- Support operational aspects of implementation, including logistics and procurement processes in close coordination with the National Protection Officer and Protection Officer.
- Facilitate key informant interviews, focus group discussions, and household surveys with communities.
- Verify quality of data received from the field and guarantee the integrity and protection of data as per IOM’s Data Protection Principles.
- Support the preparation of protection monitoring reports through data entry, desk review, data analysis, media monitoring, and other efforts to elaborate trends and protection situation analysis.
- Coordinate mapping of service providers operating in target locations to help update internal and external referrals pathways.
- Maintain constructive relationships with community leaders, local government counterparts, and service providers, in coordination with the other team members.
- Oversee and ensure timely data entry.
- Travel regularly to other governorates to conduct protection activities as required.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, social work, social sciences or any relevant field from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience, preferably within a protection role.
- Experience in providing direct assistance to beneficiaries.
- Experience working within challenging environments.
- Experience in organizing events, workshops, and meetings.
- Experience with raising awareness in the public domain.
- Experience working with governmental, non-governmental institutions and UN agencies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of clients at all times.
- Good written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties (required).
- Ability to organize work, work independently and prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail (required).
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Willing to collaborate with and support people from different ethnic groups and different religions.
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people affected by conflict.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicate a clear strategic direction.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on September 26, 2023, 5:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Enhancing the Communities Ability to Adapt and Face Shocks...
written on September 26, 2023, 9:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: English Language Courses for Students of The University of...
written on September 26, 2023, 8:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Greening Ankawa- A complete planting system -Trees and ins...
written on September 25, 2023, 4:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Tender Notice for Supply of Medical Equipment - Sinjar Fre...