Under the General guidance of the Head, Protection Division, the overall supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Protection Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide direct line management to Protection team operating in Hassan Sham.
- Responsible for the development of monthly and weekly workplans and coordinate protection activities in the field with the protection team.
- Provide guidance and support to the Protection team through leading assessments, protection activities and protection monitoring in areas of return and/or camp settings.
- Support the Protection Coordinator/Protection Officer with the implementation, monitoring, and coordination of protection projects, in camp and out of camp locations, including the development of policy and procedural guidelines.
- Ensure the quality of programming and case management through regular team meetings and supervision of Protection staff.
- Maintain constructive relationships with community leaders, local government counterparts, and service providers, in coordination with the other team members.
- Participate in the Mission’s Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) efforts by ensuring all team members supervised are fully trained on PSEA, providing information to PSEA focal points in other programs, and reinforce reporting procedures among staff.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct training and awareness sessions on general protection, GBV core principles, PSEA for IOM staff, partners, NGO, government, and affected communities, as required.
- Ensure gender and protection mainstreaming within all project activities.
- Undertake regular travel to field locations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field such as law, social work, or social sciences from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience, preferably within protection role.
- Experience managing a team preferred.
- Experience in providing direct assistance to beneficiaries.
- Experience working within challenging environments.
- Experience in organizing events, workshops, and meetings.
- Experience with raising awareness in the public domain.
- Experience working with governmental, non-governmental institutions and UN agencies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of clients
- at all times.
- Good written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external
- parties (required).
- Ability to organize work, work independently and prioritize work under pressure, coordinate
- multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail (required).
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Willing to collaborate with and support people from different ethnic groups and different religions.
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of Kurdish is an advantage.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.