IOM is a major actor in post-conflict recovery and reconstruction, and as such is heavily involved in livelihoods development and job creation programmes. IOM’s strengths lie in its field presence around the country and operational capacity to rebuild community infrastructure, conduct vocational and other trainings, providing grant funding at local level to support business development and a variety of other areas key to recovery.
Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of Senior Programme Coordinator (Economic Recovery, Development and Livelihoods), the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO), and the direct supervision of the Livelihoods Project Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting programmes related to Livelihoods, and in particular the Enterprise Development Fund (EDF), under the area of responsibility.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- By working in close coordination with Team Leaders in each governorate within the assigned region and the national operations officer (NOO) for that region, provide technical guidance to Transition and Recovery Division (TRD) staff to implement all activities under the livelihoods portfolio, in particular the Enterprise Development Fund (EDF), in line with all livelihoods tools, policies and procedures.
- Provide advice and guidance to the regional team to conduct livelihoods assessments including labor market and supply chain mapping, under the guidance of the Livelihoods Project Officer and Team Leader, in line with livelihoods technical tools.
- In coordination with team leaders and community engagement technical teams in the assigned region, provide advice to team to assist in the identification and selection of individuals for livelihoods assistance, in line with livelihoods guidelines and policies.
- Assist Team Leaders to identify partners and create opportunities with local authorities, associations, chambers of commerce/ industry to implement IOM’s livelihoods projects.
- Provide support to TRD teams to support selected individuals by facilitating negotiation meetings, orientation meetings and/or business trainings and/or counseling as necessary and provide support to them in the formulation of their business plans.
- Travel to all project sites in designated region (and as needed to other regions) and monitor individuals who have received IOM livelihoods assistance, EDF support and ensure that activities are being carried out in accordance with livelihoods guidelines and provide guidance to the team leaders to make necessary improvements of changes to livelihoods service delivery.
- Follow up with the field teams to quality check data and service delivery and follow up with the workplans and make recommendations, in coordination with Team Leaders.
- Organize and conduct satisfaction and feedback surveys in order to improve future livelihoods projects, provide guidance to the livelihoods team and Team Leader to improve delivery of livelihoods assistance.
- In coordination with team leaders and community engagement technical teams, consider and present strategies to strengthening the operational and implementation skills and suggest capacity building strategies to correctly and fully maintain a proper operational system, under the guidance of the Livelihoods Project Officer and Team Leader.
- Develop and maintain internal control and compliance processes and recommend to Technical Lead and Livelihoods Project Officer how to strengthen those controls.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Management, Finance, Social Sciences, or any related field from an accredited academic institution.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, word as well as good knowledge working with databases and online applications.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in social projects/livelihoods/community stabilization and experience with international organization is an advantage.
- Previous working experience with NGOs, international organizations, health institution or a finance/administration office would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of any other language is an advantage.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
IOM IN/234 - Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on September 26, 2022, 10:10 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Supply of Medicines Strategic Supply Process Ten...
written on September 26, 2022, 7:53 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: SALE OF USED IT Equipment, Household Equipment and Tools ...
written on September 23, 2022, 10:58 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Provision, Delivery of 14750 Hygiene kits to Duhok Camps ...