The Transition and Recovery Division (TRD) within IOM Iraq works to remove the initial obstacles to Internally
Displaced Persons (IDPs) return and reintegration in Iraq’s post-conflict areas and lay the foundation for longerterm
recovery, economic development, and reconstruction in general.
Under the general guidance of the Head, Transition and Recovery Division, the overall supervision of the Senior
Programme Coordinator for Durable Solutions and Community Engagement, the administrative supervision of
the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Community Engagement Programme
Coordinator, the Senior Community Resource Centre Assistant (Durable Solutions) will be responsible for
supporting the implementation on the ground of all activities related to the community resource center and
durable solutions programming in areas of return or relocation.
The position is based in Erbil or Baghdad office, with at least 60% of time spent roving across governorates
based on operational needs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Supervise the implementation of static and mobile activities in all the IOM TRD Community
Resource Centers as well as support the Community Resource Centre team through technical
overview of activities and plans.
2. Consolidate monthly reports, produce regular analysis of achievements, monitoring, and learning,
finalizing monthly workplans for static and mobile activities.
3. Support Community Resource Centre staff in designing and utilizing service mappings, referral
pathways, and information provision services. Ensure the correct identification, referrals and
follow up of beneficiaries in need of service provision.
4. Support the roll out and monitor the implementation of standards and procedures, for the return,
relocation, and integration programming.
5. Provide guidance on and support community center staff in conducting Reintegration monitoring,
including overseeing data collection activities, conducting data quality-checks and
implementation of referrals for identified cases.
6. Ensure Community Resource Centre staff capacity building, in addition to creation of tools and
workplans to ensure quality control.
7. Assist in the development and implementation of all CRC and post-departure access to services
operational activities by providing technical support to operation CRCs teams in selected areas
across the country.
8. Ensure the creation of referral pathways and implementation of referrals for all beneficiaries of
Durable Solutions programs across the country.
9. Ensure a presence in field locations when Durable Solutions programme interventions and
Community Resource Centers are located and activities are being implemented, as for example
during return movements, in areas of origin or relocation following return movements to ensure the
necessary follow up, monitoring and service provision takes place in line with technical standards.
10. Regularly visit project sites and meet with staff as required to develop a solid understanding of
issues and challenges in each region, and to ensure a timely implementation of activities in line
with standards of quality.
11. Support field-based teams in the identification of needs, issues and challenges, report on existing
and planned interventions and resources, and analyze desired impact of project activities.
12. Support CRC operations teams to conduct assessments, support and monitor activity
implementation based on displacement and trends in progress to durable solutions.
13. Ensure close correspondence with relevant IOM colleagues for the coordination and
implementation of returns and durable solutions related interventions in the assigned area.
14. Support remote activity monitoring utilizing systems and tools developed.
15. Through relationships with affected populations and network of partners stay abreast of political,
social, economic, and cultural developments that have an impact on programming, whilst
remaining fully informed about community structures and power dynamics within respective
communities through the development of strong links with communities and relevant stakeholders.
University degree in social sciences, humanitarian studies, law, or any relevant department from an
accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in social cohesion /community stabilization,
protection, camp management, community engagement or MHPSS.
Demonstrable experience in providing technical support and in managing people and teams.
Excellent organizational, communication, coordination, and time-management skills.
High ability to interpret, analyze, and synthesize information in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to productively work under pressure and circumstances of insecurity.
Excellent reporting skills, reliability, flexibility, commitment, and patience.
ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and
ability to work under pressure.
Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel, internet explorer and ODK.
Ability to gain trust and build relationships with co-workers, communities, and authorities.
Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
Shares knowledge and experience.
Positive, constructive attitude.
Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a
minimum of comfort.
Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of
sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on July 4, 2022, 10:02 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Construction and Improvement of Three WASH Facilities ...
written on July 3, 2022, 7:39 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Upgrading and Extension of Asia Secondary School for Girls...