Terre des hommes Foundation – Helping children worldwide (Tdh), is the leading Swiss foundation for children’s aid, with its headquarters in Lausanne, and registered in Iraq with the No 2178598. Tdh aims to create a positive impact on children's lives in almost 40 countries around the world, through our Health, Access to Justice, Migration and Child Protection transversal programmes.
Tdh started its operations in Iraq in Dec 2014 responding to needs of children and youth between the age group of 9-22 years, affected by the ISIL -driven crisis of 2014-2017. Due to high unmet needs for children, youth, and their families affected by the crisis, Tdh scaled up its interventions to 12 districts within 5 governorates (Anbar, Kirkuk, Ninewa, Baghdad & Salah al-Din), providing assistance in child protection, juvenile justice, education and WASH assistance in emergency.
In the long-term, through its Multi-year Country Strategy 2022 – 2024 and its long term Vision for the Country Programme, Tdh plans to reinforce and expand interventions due to the persistent overwhelming needs of children, youth and families through a NEXUS approach, responding to the protracted humanitarian needs while contributing to achieving durable solutions for the most vulnerable and at-risk population groups in the sectors of Child Protection, Education, WASH and Access to Justice for children, youth and women.
As of November 2021, Tdh with its 90 staff employees, is currently implementing a 7,5 Million CHF emergency, rehabilitation, and development program, across the country through its bases and offices in Baghdad, Ninewa, Salah al-Din and Kirkuk governorates working alongside and in collaboration with local partners and national authorities. The main donors are USG, UNOCHA, ECHO, SDC, GIZ, UNICEF. The main coordination office is in Erbil with a multi-cultural, very experienced, and highly motivated team providing support, technical expertise and ensuring accountability, while working closely with the collaborators in the Regional office in Amman, Jordan and the Head Quarters (HQ) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
About the Job
The psychologist will provide capacity building to juvenile justice and child protection staff. (S)he will as well provide individual and group counselling to children in contact with the law.
Individual and group counselling:
- Provide counselling and therapy sessions to individual cases that have been identified as needing specialized psychological support, and which have been referred by team and/ or other stakeholders.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments, including assessment of mental health needs and suicide risk assessment.
- Plan and implement appropriate therapeutic interventions (individual and/or group) utilizing appropriate and evidence-based interventions. Evaluate the outcomes of interventions and identify additional aftercare needs.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by line manager as required.
Provide capacity building to Tdh staff and partners’ staff
- Provide training and capacity building to projects’ staff as requested by MHPSS specialist and JJ coordinator
- Ensure technical oversight and field-monitoring of the program staff in close coordination with program managers, notably to ensure quality control and adequate implementation of the planned tools and frameworks
- Train partners staff in child and adolescent psychosocial care.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Gather information, data, reports and evidence from child protection monitors and other staff, and draft short situation reports and analytical reports to submit to the PM on a regular basis.
- Prepare initial drafts of mandatory reports (such as contribution to the SitRep, donor reports, budget reports, etc.). Contribute, under the supervision of the PM, to writing the intermediate and final reports for donors on education and child protection programs.
- Report, under the supervision of the PM, on Activity Info and the CP Working group and Education sub-cluster’s data collection tools (e.g. 3/4/5 W).
- Participate in writing articles, taking pictures, creating communication tools for the donor or HQ.
- Draft minutes of meetings and activity reports as required and/or requested.
Networking / Coordination:
- Coordinate with child protection teams, education teams, WASH teams and CCCM teams, in accordance with PM’s orientation and guidance.
- Under the supervision of the PM, network with local authorities and the community. Represent Tdh externally in a professional manner, and in accordance with his/her competencies.
- Participate in the identification of new partnerships and collaboration to broaden the impact of Tdh’s child protection and education activities and to promote child protection mainstreaming.
- At the request of the PM, attend and actively participate in the dedicated clusters and coordination meetings (Education, Child Protection).
- With the PM, maintain good professional relationships with the MoE, DoE, DOLSA, UN Agencies & NGOs (national & international), and help prepare and conduct possible donor/media/delegation visits to project sites.
- Upon request, perform high-quality interpretation and translation from Arabic /English and vice versa.
- Ensure that the security tracking is respected, monitor the security context and situation, and brief and update the PM regularly regarding developments and risks.
- Travel within Iraq and inside KRI, as needed, on mission and for training.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - among Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non-Tdh employees or beneficiaries.
- Undertake all other duties as assigned by the PM that are compatible with the job.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- A degree in clinical Psychology
- Knowledge of child protection, psychosocial support (PSS), psychological first aid (PFA), case management (CM), gender-based violence (GBV) and others related topics.
- Strong training and capacity-building skills, particularly using participatory techniques for training on different components of CP programming. Previous experience conducting training in case management, caring for child survivors, psychosocial support, CP information management system desirable.
· No less than 5 years Significant experience in MHPSS programming in emergency and development contexts
· Experience in capacity building
· Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English.
· Team management and leadership skills and proven supervisory skills.
· Ability to work independently while remaining a strong team player.
· Willingness to live, adapt and productively work in insecure, unstable and/or harsh environments.
· Flexibility, adaptability and high work capacity to ensure activities and technical management/coordination support in a timely manner to achieve project results.
· Superior interpersonal communication skills.
· Competent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Child Safeguarding Policy
- Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children.
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse.
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, pacifist, proactive, committed and – during office hours – non-political. S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions. S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his/her voice when required. S/he is willing to improve own capacities and is open for all topics Tdh is working on to actively contribute to a comprehensive programme implementation.
S/he uses Tdh equipment, vehicles and premises, internet and electricity economically and responsibly. S/he positively represents Tdh to beneficiaries, stake holders and the general public.
Application should contain the following two attachments:
Application should be submitted to email@example.com by MENTIONING THE EXACT SUBJECT (Psychologist), Otherwise the applicant will be disregarded.
Any CV shared by a link will be disregarded,
Note: giving urgency to this recruitment, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on September 26, 2022, 10:10 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Supply of Medicines Strategic Supply Process Ten...
written on September 26, 2022, 7:53 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: SALE OF USED IT Equipment, Household Equipment and Tools ...
written on September 23, 2022, 10:58 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Provision, Delivery of 14750 Hygiene kits to Duhok Camps ...