Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) by aid workers is a violation of human rights and IOM is committed to combat any kind of SEA by its staff related personnel and partners.
Under the overall guidance of the Head, Protection Division, the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator (Mainstreaming), the incumbent will be responsible for supporting PSEA activities in Jeddah 1 in Ninewa as part of broader protection mainstreaming approach as well as supporting IOM’s partners. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Senior PSEA Assistant to ensure a harmonized approach to PSEA initiatives.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of a PSEA(H) training plan for IOM staff and related personnel, implementing partners, key institutional stakeholders.
- Organize and deliver PSEA(H) training in Jeddah 1 targeting IOM staff members and governmental and non-governmental actors/stakeholders in Jeddah 1. At all possible opportunities (during relevant training, in staff and programme meetings, etc) continually share key messages on PSEA, including mandatory reporting requirements within the country office and programming, in coordination with relevant colleagues.
- Actively participate in training of trainers on subjects related to protection and seek to continuously develop capacity in a self-driven manner.
- On a yearly basis, provide an update on the number of staff, non-staff trained, contractors, implementing partners, and service providers trained on PSEA in Jeddah 1, in an effort to track compliance and promotion of PSEA.
- Support the development of communication and awareness-raising strategies and tools to ensure appropriate PSEA messaging and knowledge on prohibited behaviors as well as how to report allegations of misconduct, ensure localization of SEA messaging.
- Conduct community outreach initiatives on PSEA targeting Jeddah 1 residents.
- Support PSEA risk-assessment in the camp and assist in identifying and monitoring gaps in protection mainstreaming and safe programming; suggest context-appropriate solutions to address gaps identified.
- Participate to coordination meetings of Jeddah 1, communicate on planned PSEA initiatives and timely flag any safeguarding concern to PSEAH FP.
- Proactively engage Jeddah 1 actors on PSEA and assist in providing technical support in prevention and response actions of the actors in SEA.
- Support in communication with victims of SEA and whistleblowers at the request of PSEAH Focal Point (Protection Coordinator).
- Support the implementation of Mission-wide PSEA Action as well as interagency initiatives on PSEA.
- Support existing and planned complaint and feedback mechanism to channel PSEA concerns in the area especially from Jeddah 1 actors and camp residents.
- Support PSEAH Focal Point to ensure the mitigation of SEA risks are developed, embedded and strengthened within Jeddah 1 operations and practices.
- Translate key reference materials into Arabic.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in the Law, International Relations, Psychology, Social Sciences, Development Studies and Planning or a related field with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience in the fields of sexual exploitation and abuse, protection, child protection, gender-based violence, accountability to affected populations (AAP), protection and gender mainstreaming and/or humanitarian affairs.
- Strong coordination experience within the UN system and amongst interagency partners, including governments, NGOs, and communities.
- Experience in developing and facilitating PSEA trainings, in particular capacity-building, and communication materials to promote behavior change.
- Experience undertaking PSEA risk assessments, in coordination with communities, partners, and UN and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work across a wide variety of sectors/teams on cross-cutting themes.
- Good written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external partners.
- Experience in policy and proposal development and the creation of standard operating procedures and tools; and,
- Ability to organize work, work independently and prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks, maintain attention to detail, and coordination with a variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of IOM’s institutional approach on PSEA and related strategies, policies, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the UN system and architecture.
- Knowledge of mainstreaming best practices and partnership models to ensure coordination of the same across a diversified range of actors.
- Ability to work with and maintain strict confidentiality, when necessary.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Fluency in Kurdish languages is an advantage.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on September 26, 2023, 5:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Enhancing the Communities Ability to Adapt and Face Shocks...
written on September 26, 2023, 9:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: English Language Courses for Students of The University of...
written on September 26, 2023, 8:00 amby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Greening Ankawa- A complete planting system -Trees and ins...
written on September 25, 2023, 4:00 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Tender Notice for Supply of Medical Equipment - Sinjar Fre...