Under the general guidance of chief of Mission (COM), and the administrative supervision of HOSO and the overall supervision of the Protection Coordination, the overall guidance of the Protection Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to Protection Activities with a focus on Migrant Protection and Assistance (MPA).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of migrant protection activities, including assistance to vulnerable migrants, counter-trafficking case management, and Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) activities through a protection centered case management approach. Core activities include, but are not limited to case management including counselling, referrals to protection services and support through legal proceedings, provision of information, and return and reintegration support.
- Identify protection needs and gaps of migrants in vulnerable situations and coordinate a timely and safe referral to specialized protection services in case of need; Support in pre-departure counselling and assistance as well as return travels in coordination with receiving missions.
- Assist beneficiaries returning to Iraq with post arrival assistance and reintegration support by using appropriate tools and screening methodologies through the administration of vulnerability screening and the joint development of an individual reintegration plan; Provide referrals in case of need to service providers.
- Timely update data collection tools (MIMOSA) to track the status of implementation of each case and oversee the timely entry of data of the Teams supervised.
- Support implementation of family tracing and assessment according to IN/208;
- Ensure protection activities are implemented in coordination with other IOM sectors and according to IOM protection standards and principles.
- Support in conducting Monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support mainstreaming of gender and protection during the implementation of protection activities
- Undertake duty travel as
- Perform any of duties as may be
- University degree in related filed from accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 5 years relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the field of migration and/or protection
- Prior experience in working with mixed migrant population on protection and direct assistance
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of actors, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds, government and authorities, humanitarian actors (UN agencies and NGOs).
- Computer literacy and skills with specific proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Reliable, efficient, high level of professionalism, organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good analytical skills, strong eye for detail and accuracy.
- Experience in case management, Counter Trafficking and/or AVRR, or other protection programming (required).
- Experience in delivering Protection trainings to internal and external audiences (required).
- Good written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties (required).
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills (required).
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed (required).
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) (required).
- Willing to collaborate with and support people from different ethnic groups and different religions (required).
- English, Kurdish and Arabic are required.
- Any other language is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.