Under the general guidance of the Protection Coordinator, the overall supervision of the Protection Officer, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in the timely and effective implementation of protection unit field activities.
- Conduct protection monitoring, collect high quality information through direct observation, focus group and community discussions, and key informant interviews in accordance with IOM’s guidelines and SOPs.
- Support the identification and analysis of protection issues and trends.
- Identify and respond appropriately to beneficiaries with protection needs including through referrals, case management, and emergency cash assistance.
- Refer beneficiaries to key service providers in accordance with IOM guidelines and SOPs.
- Provide comprehensive case management services in accordance with IOM guidelines and SOPs.
- Maintain and update electronic databases and records for each client and keep detailed notes of all casework activities.
- Identify and respond to protection cases eligible for Emergency Cash Assistance (ECA), in line with SOPs on provision of material assistance.
- Conduct and facilitate regular community engagement and awareness raising activities as required.
- Support Protection Focal Points’ community mobilization activities.
- Support the development of a referral service mapping. Collect information on access to services and provide regular updates on changes to services available.
- Ensure the protection safe space is open and staffed during working hours, and that minimum standards are maintained.
- Attend relevant meetings on the request of the Senior Protection Assistant.
- Complete all protection trainings assigned by the Senior Protection Assistant, National Protection Officer, Protection Officer, or Protection Coordinator.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Senior Protection Assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, social work, social sciences or any relevant field from an accredited academic university or institute.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably within protection role.
- Experience in providing direct assistance to beneficiaries.
- Experience working within challenging environments.
- Experience in organizing events, workshops, and meetings.
- Experience with raising awareness in the public domain.
- Experience working with governmental, non-governmental institutions and UN agencies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination, and safety of clients at all times.
- Good written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties (required).
- Ability to organize work, work independently and prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail (required).
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Willing to collaborate with and support people from different ethnic groups and different religions.
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bids & Tenders
written on January 26, 2023, 2:25 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Development of Olive Trees Production Research Te...
written on January 26, 2023, 2:22 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: consultancy for exploring opportunities to utilize digital...
AN - Rehabilitation of Sulaiman beg PHCC with all the civil, plumbing and electrical works in TUZ, SAD
written on January 24, 2023, 6:26 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Rehabilitation of Sulaiman beg PHCC with all the civil, pl...
AN - Rehabilitation of Abdullah Ghanem PHCC with all the Civil, Plumbing and Electrical Works in Dibis
written on January 24, 2023, 6:24 pmby in Bids and Tenders
Tender Title: Rehabilitation of Abdullah Ghanem PHCC with all the civil,...